collapse

Author Topic: Docs Proplugs, do they help?  (Read 501 times)

Offline naturalSelection

Docs Proplugs, do they help?
« on: March 29, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »
Anybody use Docs Proplugs or vented earplugs?

Do they help with equalization?

Pros and cons?

If you've read my other posts, you know im on a mission to achieve a consistent method of ear equalization that works for me.  My last dive was an attempt at greater depth, and i hit a wall due to ear pressure. 

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Docs Proplugs, do they help?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:46:42 AM »
They keep cold water from flooding your ear constantly.  They would probably help prevent surfers ear.  I didn't notice any improvement with equalization.

Offline lazyhook

Re: Docs Proplugs, do they help?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »
It might be a bit different for individuals.

I use them for both scuba and freediving.  They have made equalization for both much easier.

But, I think they make the biggest impact with freediving since there are so many frequent equalizations (as compared to scuba), and in the shallowest part of the water column where the relative pressure changes are the biggest.

Keeping the cold water out is just a nice little side benefit for me.

I also found that a very low volume mask also helped for equalizing when freediving if you don't already have one.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt