collapse

Author Topic: Before you spear stripers  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Spearonico

• Mark. S
Re: Before you spear stripers
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 06:06:16 PM »
I wish I knew, oh how I wish I understood all this
That is the point of regulation... to deter you from actually doing it, and if you miss or forget something, they make money off you :)

I am as you say: stubborn ass. Ill read legislation every morning if it saves me a four hour drive to the coast to spear a fish.
"Ninety percent of life is just showing up."- Woody Allen-

twade

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
Anyone have some tips on where to look for these fish?  Are they in deeper holes?  Also where would the better visibility be?

Offline Spearonico

• Mark. S
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »
Anyone have some tips on where to look for these fish?  Are they in deeper holes?  Also where would the better visibility be?

Iv seen them everywhere. They eat crawdads In the rocky parts that have a deep part (no more than like 15 feet). Its a bit murky and they are almost invisible so be quick.

What are you doing Tuesday morning twade?

twade

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 04:05:34 PM »
Unfortunately I'll be out of town till the following week but I'll be available that Wednesday and Thursday if you're available.

Offline Jacks Diving

• www.jacksdiving.com
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »
That is the point of regulation... to deter you from actually doing it, and if you miss or forget something, they make money off you :)

I am as you say: stubborn ass. Ill read legislation every morning if it saves me a four hour drive to the coast to spear a fish.
I wasn't being literal, My point is just there are a lot of people who can't interpret the mass amounts of pages and understand them all.

BTW: The turning basin in stockton would be a great place to get a striper....
if you kill it, you eat it.... don't be a dick

Offline Spearonico

• Mark. S
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »
Unfortunately I'll be out of town till the following week but I'll be available that Wednesday and Thursday if you're available.

Wednesday all day, Thursday after three.

I wasn't being literal, My point is just there are a lot of people who can't interpret the mass amounts of pages and understand them all.

BTW: The turning basin in stockton would be a great place to get a striper....

Tell me more, never heard of it.

Offline ademite

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »
i look for stripers all the time...law was effective march 1 but the striper season didnt open til may 1

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt