collapse

Author Topic: Lost fishing licence and abalone report card  (Read 3440 times)

divndc

Lost fishing licence and abalone report card
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
A buddy and I were at Timber cove two weeks ago fishing on his new (used) Hobie peddle kayaks.  After a productive day of fishing, we decided to go into 9" cove to finish out the day with abalone.  With all the hassle of him not putting his hatch cover on, me coming back to shore to find his kayak about 15 yards off shore listing heavily to the starboard side, getting it back to shore, draining the water out, finally got our sh!t together, by the time we got back to the Timber Cove Beach, I realized I didn't have my waterproof licence and ab punchcard container.  (Good thing the warden wasn't around) If found please drop me a line or mail it back.  I have my receipt but, unfortunately don't thinks I can replace the punch card.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Lost fishing licence and abalone report card
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
I belive if you go to DFG and fill out an afdavid you can get another one. 2 years ago when I lost mine I just went down and bought another one, but to keep honest I only took 8 abalone since that is what I had left on my other /old card. but it is a good idea to make a photo copy of it to show dfg.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Glaucus

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »
Drag about your ppw, that's a hassle!  How was the diving at 9" cove?  Always wanted to check it out.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 02:03:40 PM »
I have dove their a few times was not impressed !
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »
Lots of ab's but 9"ers are scarce!
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

divndc

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
I went to Big 5 with my licence receipt and was able to get another license and ab card.  I was nervous about getting another ab card, but the lady said with the new license and different number they would know that it was lost.  I was at Timber cove again this Friday and the water was phenominal!!!  9" cove is ok but you have to search for a while.  I got a limit of 9's (9 1/8 -9 1/2) but nothing compared to the 11 1/4 at Fisk Mill.  Fishing off the kayak was amazing!!!  3 vermillions, 18" greenling, 4 big blues, a nice olive and a china.  Oh yea!  a 25" ling.  Great day and amazing viz.

Offline Kaveh

• the ocean and I get along just fine
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »
yeah, i agree with divndc... i too have gone back to big5 to get my card reissued.... i did what matt did and i think thats the fair thing to do; just get what you think you had on the card left or play it safe and get less... i sent the second card back in and had them photocopy the receipt from the first one to show that there was no monkey business going on.
diving the edible ocean since '99

Calif_Diver

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
I lost my ab card and license a few years ago , a lady in the store in fort bragg told me it was illlegle for her to sell me a new ab card, and advise me to go to the DFG and try to get a new one, hope some one can find some facts out about this situation,i think i saw some one say to photo copy  your card and license, i see a problem with dfg giveng a new one becuase you could just say you lost it to get a new card and fill it up with 24 abs too.

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
If I recall correctly all you need to do is go to DFG and fill out an afadavit of how many abs you have taken and they will give you a new card and remove the number of tags you said you used.  I think you could run into a problem just buying a new card.  That could be a violation having two cards issued to you. with all the budget problems they may not be tracking it all that well but you never know.
Myrel C. Willeford

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt