collapse

Author Topic: Kings Range foray  (Read 1261 times)

Offline todd

Kings Range foray
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »
here are some beauties from my Kings Range foray.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Todd Stagnaro

Offline todd

Re: Kings Range foray
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:55:16 PM »
maybe some of you recognize this valley,  its where I like to hang out and gather after or before abalone diving the lost coast, never see a person during both activities here... I am firmiliar with the santa cruz, marin, Sonoma, Mendo coast mushroom scene, been to all the usuall places and off the main trails..... but I dont like to run into pickers, or the endless mushroom clubs that foray the same spots weekend after weekend in sonoma and mendo.....or see cars parked all over the road, being forced into one small picking park.....   
Humboldt, where not many want to pay the gas to get to....Maybe its the solitude that brings me hours north to the lost coast to hunt and gather alone in the wild......Maybe its the early August chanterelle flush, boletus in October, Matsutake in Nov, hedghogs whenever......Yes mushroom hunting and diving is fun and nice with friends, but for me, being alone, concentrating on the hunt, making pilgrimage to sacred spots is what Humboldt mushrooming is all about..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Todd Stagnaro

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
Thats some beautiful country. Going to have to try to get up there sometime.

Offline scroc

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
Todd, so glad to see you enjoy what our north country has to offer in both abs and shrooms. We wander between the OR border and Patricks Point for most of our diving and into the klamaths for mushrooms. Havent been down to the Kings Range/ Lost Coast yet but will have to plan on fitting it in to trips this next spring, the good Lord and $$ permitting. steve
Onward, thru the Fog !

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast