collapse

Author Topic: Learn how to find choice edible mushrooms all year long!  (Read 1676 times)

JMSTUFF

Learn how to find choice edible mushrooms all year long!
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »
Do you want to learn how to find choice edible mushrooms all year long and stay near your home?  If so, come to the Mycological Society of SF Fungus Fair on 2 December 2012 at the Lawence Hall of Science in Berkeley.  I will be giving a free, one hour talk called: "Urban Foraging in SF and Beyond", and slide show that day starting at 10:30am.  The attached pic is of boletus edulis, (porcini), and Agaricus Agustus, (the Prince) which I pick 9 months out of the year near my home in SF.  Come to the fungus fair and learn how to find choice edible mushrooms in urban environments.  Find out more info on the fungus fair at www.MSSF.org

Offline todd

Re: Learn how to find choice edible mushrooms all year long!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »
Thats a great topic! I will be there for sure. The Mssf fair is the best in California. Best speakers, museum atmosphere, food, fungi display, vendors, great for family or fanatics, smooze with cool mycophiles...  I have a urban porcini spot that goes off by the sprinkler system "when conditions are right" which is quite often...  I have coin laundry in SF and hunt edibles within walking distance... lands end, presidio and Cliff house area for porcini If the local Russian pickers dont get there first!   I have covered mc claren park and find Lepiota To eat. Nothing is like walking to get fungi and then walking home to eat it.

Again great topic for those that dont live close to salt point or mendo, or live in the urban bay area... why drive to picked over places when you can find spots close to home?
Looking forward to your talk-

Todd
Todd Stagnaro

Offline phil herranen

• herranenspearguns
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
dont forget ptown , san bruno, and hmb , there are good shroom spots everywhere if you just look around
phil

Offline Robert

• too many minds in the gutter so I changed it
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
Berkley is pretty far out of my way. what would be great would be to have some experienced pickers take a few of us out and show us the ropes. ( hat nod to Geoff & Julian). I live in Rohnert Park. if any body in the area would like to share some knowledge that would be great.
it was a goonies reference

Offline Julian

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
Cool.  I'll try and make it out there.

Rob I'll shoot you a text and a pm next time.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast