collapse

Author Topic: North Coast Fungi Report  (Read 1812 times)

JMSTUFF

North Coast Fungi Report
« on: November 21, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
Just got back yesterday from Mendocino.  Ocean was blown out Monday and Tuesday with lots of wind, rain and a 13 fot swell.  Visability was less than a foot.  I am going back this coming Sunday to fill up my ab card, forcast looks much better.  As far as mushrooms, it was much better.  The pocini were popping good along the coast and moderately in the hills.  Looks like everything this year is popping a little later due to the later than usual precipitation.  Found a few Chanterelles, but nothing like last year.  I will continue to post updates from the north everytime I get back up there, or as I receive reports from other MSSF members, and my mushroom buddy who works in Fort Bragg.

Offline Julian

Re: North Coast Fungi Report
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
Wow!  Those are beauties!  Great finds.

Offline Geoffrey

• Carpe de Carp ~ Latin ~ "Seize the Fish"
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
Great find Ling King! I took my dad up today to do some spontanious hunting and found these~

Offline Jacks Diving

• www.jacksdiving.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »
Hell Yeah!!! Way to go Ling King!
I went to Pt Reyes this morning and ----NOTHING----  The porcini I have found this year have only been at Salt Point and north.... waiting for the southern Blast..
You guys want to dive Fisk Mill or Ocean Cove this Tuesday?
if you kill it, you eat it.... don't be a dick

Offline jackyd

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:19:07 AM »

Offline Julian

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »
^ Nice chant Jack.  Found my second monster Californicus like that last weekend...sucker was almost the size of the biggest porcini I grabbed.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
We should incorporate a mushroom hunt into next years season openner campout.  I know myself and a few other, "never been mushroom hunting" divers that might make an extra effort to be at the event if a few of you seasoned, "mushroom veterans" put out the invite to show us the tricks of the trade.

Offline todd

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
I think the black trumpets are up in april and hedghogs too....

I know pn behalf of our many skilled fungi NCUWH members,  Julian, groffrey, appeanadict and our new MSSF member president could put on a great weekend.

I think fall season closer at salt point would work well

We need a weekend to lure you into the humboldt foray scene
 Ive been preaching this,  abs/fungi/razors in october low tide in North Humboldt

November low tide abs, and edible fungi Shelter cove- BLM you can hunt game as well...
Todd Stagnaro

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast