collapse

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 1468 times)

JMSTUFF

New Member Introduction
« on: November 21, 2012, 07:34:40 PM »
My Name is Curt Haney, I ran into Josh Russo on the beach in Mendocino last Sunday and he invited me to join the group.  I started diving in Monterey in 1970, joined the Navy in 73 and spent 22 years traveling the world, including spending some of that time as a Navy diver.  Retired from the Navy in 95 and then spent 15 years in the Post Office, retired again in 2009 and now work for myself and do a lot of diving, fly fishing and mushrooming.  I am currently the President of the Barbary Coast Dive Club, (BCD) the oldest club in SF, currently we have 13 members, including 3 females, and we are mostly all advanced kayak divers.  I am also the President of the Mycological Society of San Francisco, (MSSF), 950 members.  I spend most of my time hunting mushrooms, and conducting bussiness for the MSSF, the rest diving, fishing, and gardening, (I grow most all my own vegetables).  If you want to find out more about the MSSF go to www.mssf.org or the BCD, www.BarbaryCoastDivers.net  The best website to get information on identifing mushrooms you are not sure about is www.mushroomobserver.org  I look forward to being a contributor on the forum.     

Offline Russ R.

• freedivin'
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
Hey curt, Thanks for posting!! You already have posted more reports than some of our bickering members, THANKS!! I enjoy your posts already with the Mushrooms and if Im not working I will attend the MSSF meeting in SF. If your around in sacramento come to the FREEDIVE SHOP and say HI!! Hope to dive with you soon and am eager to pick your brain on your extensive mushroom knowlege!! Cheers!!!-RUSS

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
Welcome to the norcal maddness!! Like Russ said, theres always some kind of bickering going on but if you pay attention instead of just laugh at it you can learn from it lol. I do both, laugh and learn. Next time you come out to the salt point area looking for mushrooms hit me up. I have been wanting to learn about mushrooms for a while and we can get a dive in also. Do you do much winter spearfishing? Well once again, welcome.
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Red Abalone Diving

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
Ex Navy Curt........I like that. Started the 2nd class diver program myself, but they wanted two more years which just a tad bit more than I was willing to pay.
Welcome.

Offline todd

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:56:56 AM »
Wow another mycologist!  Its funny how many ab hunters foray fungi also.
There are a lot of fungi hunters here and its great to have you on board!
Looking forward to a foray in the near future! Todd
Todd Stagnaro

Offline Julian

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 05:05:01 PM »
Welcome!  Great first posts too!  Hope I can make it out to your talk in Berkeley.

Anytime you're up for a dive or a mushroom hunt (or both) in the Salt Point area give a holler.  Nothing like getting a group together for some "surf and turf." 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast