collapse

Author Topic: Devil's Teeth  (Read 2192 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Devil's Teeth
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »
A short video that is pretty cool, I belive it is about the guy from the book Devils teeth.
discription
Ron Elliott is the only sea urchin diver at the Farallon Islands off the coast of Northern California, where he shares the water with big Great White Sharks, which is just the way he likes it.
This is a documentary of his experiences, in a combination of stunning black & white and underwater, color photography."

Devil's Teeth
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: Devil's Teeth
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
wow that dude is hardcore. that is a great short video and its cool to see
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline winklecl

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »
Guess he figures he has nothing to lose?? Hep C is bad but not that bad. Guess he's just made his peace with life and what will be will be.

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »
Not a bad way to spend the rest of your time on earth, thanks Matt
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Calif_Diver

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
I bet he eats good, ive heard pepole say there are scallops out there as big as dinner plates.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 01:41:26 PM »
I bet he eats good, ive heard pepole say there are scallops out there as big as dinner plates.
I have heard the same thing befor by the urchrin divers I have met and the few guys I know that have dove out there.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Joe Mag

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
I bet all the marine life out there is big. Not many divers are crazy or ignorant enough to get in those waters. BTW, the book "Devil's Teeth" is a pretty good read. Pick it up if you have the chance.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:18:40 PM by Joe Mag »

Glaucus

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »
Now that is one salty dog!  What a way to have spent a life...  the rest of us can only sit back in awe.  Makes sitting here at this desk seem all the more painful.  Thanks for the vid Matt.

Joe Mag

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
Does anyone know when the Farallons were closed off to fishing?  Online it says it became a wildlife refuge in the 70's but I swear I've been rock fishing there on a party boat a few times as a kid. I remember the name Farallons, I remember it was a bunch of islands and I even remember seeing the two houses on the south east island while fishing because I remember telling my dad that we should live there because its close to where we were fishing.

If I only knew what was lurking underneath the boat, it was have made the fishing trip 10X more exciting!!!

EDIT: So apparently the Farallons are open to fishing. I just read a report on Fishsniffer.com of a trip out there for lings.  I do remember hearing about them being closed to fishing before though.  Can anyone clarify this for me?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:26:44 PM by Joe Mag »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt