collapse

Author Topic: Name Change  (Read 493 times)

Offline Lawdog (AKA "Ling Dinger")

• What would an ocean be without a monster lurking
Name Change
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »
Just heard the Dept. of Fish and Game will be the Dept of Fish and Wildlife starting January 1st. Some folks seem upset stating this changes their focus from "game" i.e. hunting and management to wildlife protection i.e. restrictions on take and more concern for the animals. I don't see it that way but what do you guys think? I do wonder though how much state money we are going to spend changing the title on all the paperwork, buildings, vehicles etc. Just interested on how people feel about the subject?
"Josh Russo ruined my life"

Offline Sea-n-Ski

• Morgan Hill Grady-White Owners Club
Re: Name Change
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
IMO that kind of effort is a big waste of otherwise precious money!  There will be many hundreds of hours and many tens of thousands of dollars spent on revising anything and everything that carried the old name.  New stationary, signage, vechicle lettering and badging, website content, graphics, etc.  The list goes on and on and on.  Changing everything like that takes years... 
I wish that I was out on the water instead of sitting here playing with this computer...

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt