collapse

Author Topic: new suit  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
Re: new suit
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
I'm gonna report on my new suit, AWSOME, my first open cell flexable warm and functionable,Its the new Picasso Green reef. I also got a new set of free dive fins Picasso black team, vey nice like how you get to the bottom faster. I recomend them.
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
 Right on stacy once you jump in one of their suits it is like cloud 9 and i really like the fact you have to let water in to cool off as apposed to the other way around. Oh and now that you have freedive fins you will never go back :icon_thumright:
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Glaucus

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
Yeah, the black team fins rock.  You ever get a chance to try out any freedive fins that are a little less stiff?  I'd like to try some to see how that feels.  I can't wait to get my new suit (next month), I was freezing my nuts off last saturday after about 2 hours, finally got out after 3.5 hours.  Can't even imagine being able to stay in for 4 hours!

Offline Dino222

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »
Hey Stacy
I got my suit there last year when they where having their sale. Picked up the Picasso Ghost Tremic for a great price. Vanessa was great. By chance did you try on any of the new Yazbeks suits ?
Dino Spadoni

Glaucus

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »
Dino, does your Ghost Termic seem to be durable enough for shore diving?  I try not to do too much crawling but even sqeezing into cracks and caves is tough on a suit.  Anyone know of any suits NOT to get due to lack of durability?  If I spend $400 or so on a suit, it best be lastin' me a few years of diving.

Offline Dino222

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
So far it has been good. You definatly have to be more careful getting on and off. You gotta lube up the suit before you put it on, I use a blend of conditioner and water, and it slides right on. I've got in about 16 dives on it this year so far and no noticeable wear, it still looks new. And I only have about 3 boat dives, the rest is from shore diving.
Dino Spadoni

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »
 I have the ghost aswell and it is decently durable. You deffinately have to be a little more cautious on sharp rocks but all in all it is working out good. I suppose I should state I got mine this year and it only has 3 dives on it but my entrys where a little hairy ropes and rocks and such. Hope this helps
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Glaucus

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »
"entrys where a little hairy ropes and rocks and such"

Those are the kind of entries I like!  Thanks for the info guys! 

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »
The new Picasso for this year is called the Green reef or something like that it has kevlar on the knees and butt atleast i think its kevlar they seem to be durable, if you were at the Picasso Open they gave one away, I love it. I tried on the Ghost and it didnt fit as well as the Green Reef. Unfortuantually Vanessa said that suit will not be discounted at her year end clearence in Nov. she will mass email when the sale is to happen. As far as the fins go these are the only free dive fins I have tried there middle of the road on stiffness, I personally dont like soft blades, I have a pair of Aqua Lung split fins that are soft and I can swim circles around them with my old school Scubapro Jetfins ( they were free ). I will be using the Jet fins for scuba. Anyway when you go to buy a new freedive suit hit up the freedive shop Vanessa was awsome. Rock On NCUWH's
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

bherdal1

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »
I went to the the free dive shop today and checked out some suits. That new picasso green reef looks like an awesome suit. What do you guys think about the yazbeck line compared to the picasso. The yazbeck kelp stalker looks pretty wild and im sure is an effective camo, but how much of a difference do camo suits make? Are some patterns more effective than others?

Abdvrob

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
DONT GET THE YAZBECK. I have that suit and I wouldn't buy it again. It's NOT tailored for North Coast diving. The suit fits like a condom and keeps me very warm, but it will tear EASY. On my very first dive, I tore the knee open. It has no protection against rocks, anywhere. It's a blue water, boat diving suit, IMHO. Get the Picasso, or Spetton suit. Or any suit that has pads on the knees and such.

Hope this helped a little.

bherdal1

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
Thanks Rob, your advice is very helpful. Its nice to get some opinions before making an investment i would like to last.

Glaucus

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 10:36:33 PM »
Yeah, thanks Rob.  Anyone else got a strong opinion about any other suits? 

Calif_Diver

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 07:37:16 AM »
Two dives  on my Yabeck and the inside seams  on the top split , i wont buy another one.

bherdal1

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
You would think for such an expensive suit it would hold up a little better. Do these suit companies warranty defects like that?

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt