collapse

Author Topic: Usal area  (Read 783 times)

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Usal area
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Usal area?  I am headed north of there this weekend by boat in search of big ab and big ling.  I have been told that it is murky and kinda sharky, and this being August...

Offline Spike

Re: Usal area
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
You are correct on both counts. But, if you hit it right, good visibility can be found. Dive north of the beach and look for good structure. Many giant abs have been taken in that area. It is a formidable and daunting place to dive but if you find a pocket of abs, sky is the limit. Worry about sharks and you'll ruin your experience. That said, I would not dive deep water as Whitey does inhabit Usal, especially now ;) Have fun and get some giants.....Shannon

Offline oldmanfishing

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »
Good luck Rob, we will be there thur. Thru sun. Camping in the cove hope to see ya up there , shannon

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:19:06 AM »
Call Greg or Vanessa at the Freediveshop.  They dive there.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt