collapse

Author Topic: the precious ear  (Read 462 times)

Offline lionsden

the precious ear
« on: July 04, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
so i have been in the water a lot lately either surfing or diving.

i sat down to eat yesterday and as i chew i can hear my jaw move almost like my ears are plugged but they are not. they are slightly plugged. it feels like i have water deep in my ears both sides.

i have been shaking my head around trying to wiggle my finger in some sort of attempt to loosen something but to no avail. what should i do.
i am not diving for a couple days due to space issues in my cold box. but i would like to wrk on it so it does not complicate anything.
daniel

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: the precious ear
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »
 Be careful with that bro... If you have water in your ears and it doesent get better soon get some swimmers ear or an ear candle because it can turn into a nasty infection... Hit me up soon my phone broke and I lost all my contacts that weren't in my sd cars...
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline .

Re: the precious ear
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
Use an isopropyl alcohol or white vinegar based solution and put a few drops in each ear (I think it's sold as treatment for swimmer's ear). That should clean and dry it out a bit. Do not use ear candles... they're ineffective and the potential for serious injury is greater than the potential for any positive effects.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt