collapse

Author Topic: NCUH Group certification.....  (Read 1724 times)

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: NCUH Group certification.....
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »
 I cant wait and as for the cert. It looks like 15 people may be too much to ask for so when we get to 5 I will be signing up...
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Sebastes

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 05:58:27 AM »
FYI... when you are certified, Sub Surface in Ft. Bragg has the cheapest rental I have ever seen.  $20 for BC, Reg, and tank.
Dave

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
who wouldnt want to join? thats craziness!

CYA folks...
i know its the twentieth century, but not everyone have computers. kinda makes it hard to join without one.
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
Ok for an update. I want to get going on this so if we can get a head count I can get the final price and set a date so far me and my brother are for sure. Do we have anyone else?
Jason Holliday

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 08:14:29 AM »
For any of you that are not scuba certifed  yet and have thought about jump on this !!!!! this is one heck of a good price I paid $350 to get my cert card and at 120 to 150 this is a steel.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline bluestar

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
Hey that's a great deal.  Bad timing for me, I have already signed up (and put down a deposit) on another program...  It will cost me $360!  :BangHead:

Good thing is my class is starting Oct 7 and my checkout dive is scheduled for end of Oct.  I look forward to being able to join the club dive soon!!

Robert

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
Hey Robert you do not need to be scuba certifed to join in on club dives allot of us free dive as well. Usually we free dive first and then tank in the afternoon. So come join us on the next months club dive at Ocean cove.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline bluestar

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
Hey Robert you do not need to be scuba certifed to join in on club dives allot of us free dive as well. Usually we free dive first and then tank in the afternoon. So come join us on the next months club dive at Ocean cove.

I was afraid to be a liability for other members, and thought I better get up to speed (or at least have some open water diving experience) before tagging along.  I line-fish on openwater all the time and dive in chest-high water for abalone every season, but I never dive in open water. 

Wouldn't be much longer!!

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »
robert your in good hands freediveing with us at the club dives, we all look after eachother. no worries just come out.
                                      brandon
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »
 Ok so final post on this  im setting it all up in late Oct early Nov for those that are interested, So far its just me which is suprising. Hey Brandon are you and your buddys still up for this? If so I will talk to you about it when I shoot you a call this evening bro...
Jason Holliday

joebob

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 06:39:01 PM »
Right on for putting this together :headbang: I'd love to get my wife certified.

Kelp Copone

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »
Hello,my name is Bob i have been lurking in the shadows of NCUWH for a some time now.
 I have been reading along,but this is my first post.I would like to get certified as well if you
have a spot for one more,plus it would be a good chance to meet some of you guys if not I
plan on doing a club dive soon,thanks for your time and a great web site

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »
 Ok so im goin in to the shops tomorrow to pick up donations for the big ab comp in november while im there I will be setting this up looks to be 7 people interested so when i get back I will post details with dates and total cost per person. I need a quick head count so if your interested let me know. Everyone is welcome to come join us.
Jason Holliday

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
 The time has come for the cert course. Pinnacles dive shop is offering the 2 for 1 price for us and this is an awesome deal. The total cost of the course is $229.00 split 2 ways which is $114.50 per person. The books are not included in that cost study material is $64.00 individualand the video is $42.00 each. This brings the total per person to $199.50 total. Price does not include open water which is 100.00 per team.

If you are interested give me a call so I can add you to the list. My number is (707) 205-6746. The best way to do this is to find a partner in your area so you can study together and watch the video. This is a study at home one day in the pool program and if we have enough people we can get our own north coast open water as apposed to Monterey. Also the pool and class work will be done on any sunday we choose and there will be no more than 10 people or 5 pairs per class and we can set up more than one.

This is an awesome deal considering that the class and pool work alone is almost $350.00 per person not including open water. Once we have 8 for sure who want to sign up I will collect a $100 dollar deposit from everyone and pick the sunday of your choice
Jason Holliday

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »
    Seeing as how I will be doing all my cert in febuary this will be my last post on this. If anyone is interested in joining us for the course let me know? There where a couple people who showed interest in the certification and it would be awesome to have some bro's from here in the class and out at the open water dives so let me know.....Everyone is welcome to join   :icon_thumleft:
Jason Holliday

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt