collapse

Author Topic: 10 Pound Stainless Steel Ab Bar  (Read 380 times)

Offline underwater1

10 Pound Stainless Steel Ab Bar
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »
I was stoked to find some 3/8" by 2.5" scrap stainless steel recently in San Jose.  The stainless steel was hell on my tools.  :BangHead: Yet, after several hours of grinding, I am pleased to now have a full quiver of Ab bars.  Pictured is an old 12" stainless steel that I use as a loaner.  A newly formed 16" Stainless that will allow me to take a couple of pounds off my weight belt (I will dive with this one as my primary bar).  A 20" Aluminum Reef Geek bar that is great, and has plenty of power to pop stubborn Abs.  A 35 and 7/8 inch Stainless Bar that weighs a bit more than ten pounds.  Built leashes into the handles on the 2 new bars.  Can't wait to get after em with my new toys. :toothy9:

Offline H2O Tad

• Get out and explore
Re: 10 Pound Stainless Steel Ab Bar
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
Is the big bar home made or you purchase it?
It's a game called give and take..

Offline underwater1

Re: 10 Pound Stainless Steel Ab Bar
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
Thanks for asking.  I made the big one.  I found the Stainless Steel at Sims Scrap Metal in San Jose.  I have a crap pot float that I will tie to the other end of the leash on the big bar so I don't loose it.  I am figuring that one will not leave the boat unless I am on the loosing end of a battle with a monster Ab.   

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt