collapse

Author Topic: Rental Suits  (Read 344 times)

Offline obkook

Rental Suits
« on: May 02, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »
I am going to be doing some abbing and spearing in Mendo at the end of the month, and would really like to rent an open cell suit to give it a try.

I called The freedive Shop in West Sac, and they were super helpful, but that would add an additional 2 1/2 hours to my trip, and it doesn't look as though I'll get the chance to get there beforehand.

Are there any recommended shops in the Mendo or SF area which rent suits?

Thanks!

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Rental Suits
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »
You can't rent one in Fort Bragg

Offline ducdiva

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »
Try Sonoma Coast Divers in Rohnert Park, on your way up north.

http://www.sonomacoastdivers.com/index.php/products-a-services

Mason

scotty_rez

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 01:16:57 AM »
In the opinion of most dive shops open cell freedive suits aren't durable enough to rent. Typically divers have multiple suits so maybe someone will offer up one of their spares. I only have one suit right now or I'd hook you up.

For reference I used to manage a dive shop out of Bodega Bay. Almost every suit I rented had more damage upon it's return. But that's the name of the game when it comes to NorCal diving...stuff gets wrecked. Honestly though, if you spend any real time in the water, get a freedive suit. After I got my Yazbeck I wanted to kick my ass for not getting one sooner. Quality isn't cheap but the freedive shop has some nice deals. You may even be able to find a decent used one on this forum or others. Good Luck

Offline obkook

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
thanks for the replies, guys! I can certainly understand how shops would be hesitant to rent open cell suits, however I confirmed that freedive shop rents all/only open cell suits.

And to the tune of 10$ per dive day, not a bad way to try things out.

They also sell used suits from time to time, but they are pretty well worn by then.

Problem for me is getting up to West Sac prior to the trip. Still might be worth it though...

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt