collapse

Author Topic: Right of passage?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Right of passage?
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
I have been scoping a spot for a while now and im unsure if i can access the area.. I beleive the surrounding area is private property and i dont want to trespass. So my question is if there is a turnout on a public roadway with private property on both sides is it legal to dive the area if the cove in question opens all the way to the road with no fence line..? What i mean is that there is a point between the property where the cliff drops off from the road and there is no fence line present if there was it would be goin right through a gully or a drop off...

I posted this on another board and got some good feed back but it wasn't what i wanted to hear so i figured i would put it here and see what comes up. Also i have gotten some useful info on the spot in question i've been lookin at. If its within 25' of a highway its cal trans property I researched the mile markers( thanks for suggestion matt) and was able to find that it is an access point. The only thing the property owner which ownes both sides of the entry can do is have caltrans post signs that the parking area is an emergency turn out and a no parking zone. ;D Now i just need to get in there and it can only be accessed by rope.

If anyone has any more info on this subject please share.

Jason Holliday
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

46inchwoody

Re: Right of passage?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:10:39 PM »
That's a pretty big gray area, if the property has no fence or posted trespassing sign you could always play dumb and say you thought it was part of county easement, but if the pull-out is emergency only you could risk getting a ticket.

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »
I passed a place like that last Friday.  The place I passed sure looked protected and has a boatload of kelp in it.  Not a car on the side of the road there, while many other places were packed.

MN

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:26:09 PM »
It sounds iffy to me, you would definitely be taking your chances on ticket, People and the local law enforcement are pretty protective over their area. what it be accecessable by boat ? how far from the nearest launching point. If it is not to far we can hit in my boat Jason.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:27:40 PM by matt mattison »
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 09:04:07 PM »
  it is not too far from the oc its just above hs cove you probably know the spot but if we are boating there are way better spots im sure even though it may be worth a short swim to check the cove area. thanks for everyones feed back its been most persuasive
Jason Holliday

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 11:31:17 PM »
would you be able to recognize the spot from the water? me and my buddies go up that way alotby boat. they like stewerts point. always willing to try a new spot.usualy have room on the boat, get in touch brandon
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 09:26:05 AM »
 i sure would the spot is easily recognized because of its land marks you may have been there before its no secret its about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile north of secrets just north of the small run down barn. Thanks for the offer i will deffinately take you up on that just let me know when your headed out!
Jason Holliday

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt