collapse

Author Topic: Crawfish Boil  (Read 1200 times)

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
Crawfish Boil
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:02:55 AM »
 :icon_thumleft:

82 pounds of spicy goodness.

:wave:

Sincerely,

Jim

Calif_Diver

Re: Crawfish Boil
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
Good eats,a buddy and i usually go catch a five gallon bucket full for the fourth of July every year,i think that music would be a good addition to the boil. :occasion14:

Offline jackyd

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
Now that's just awesome. Did you catch those crawfish?

I got one of those to make fried turkey every thanksgiving!

Offline Mike Rosas

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
Nice, where'd they come from?

Offline Dirt Snow Water

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
NICE, time to get my traps ready!  stupid question....why all the dunking in & out?

looked like a good recipe....I throw in:

corn, red skin potatoes, andouille sausage, whole onions, lots of zataran's spice (2-3 bags), or Swamp Dust (but i've only have found that in Louisiana)  boil for 7min, soak for 25minutes.

suck, peel, dip, enjoy

Offline Russ R.

• freedivin'
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Looks good JIM!!! My son and I love crawdads!! WE dive for em though!!! 10x more fun than a trap and faster.. I tried BBQ'ing them on cedar plank too,it makes the meat a tad tougher but gives them a smokey taste..Cheers buddy!!!

Calif_Diver

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »
Russ where is your secret crawdaddy dive spot, I'm not sure if ill be going back to where i got mine in the past,i found out it is illegal to fish there but I'm not sure if that means i cant get craw dads or not,need to make it clear with DFG before i go back in there.

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:03 AM »
Thanks fellas!!

I'm still back home visiting family in New Orleans,and we bought them at a local family run seafood store around the corner in bucktown.

http://blog.nola.com/brettanderson/2008/04/schaefer_rusich_seafood.html

My neighbor Jay said the dipping in and out was to cool them down so they wouldn't keep cooking but would keep soaking up the spices.

:icon_thumleft:

:wave:

Sincerely,

Jim

ps...the "boil bag" we threw in had sausages, new potatoes, whole cloves of garlic, mushrooms and carrots....yum!!!!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt