collapse

Author Topic: Lost-stillwater 12-26-12  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
Lost-stillwater 12-26-12
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
Lost a 60cm mako predator attatched to a 75ft orange float line on the west of the islands by the point of the cove. Any info appreciated.

Offline .

Re: Lost-stillwater 12-26-12
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
I'll be sure to look for it as I paddle by next time. I was the guy who helped your friend with righting his kayak and retrieving his anchor.

Because it didn't surface right away, I think the floatline might have gotten wrapped around or caught under a boulder/ledge. That's probably a good thing, because it means it would be going anywhere by way of current/tide.

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
Hey thanks for the help out there rick. Ya i was thinking the same thing that it may be wrapped in place on kelp or a ledge.

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
Hey Adam,

I dive over there at least 2-3 times a month and will for sure try and look for your gear to get back to you...

From your description I think it sounds like you were diving on the inside of that pinnacle/washrock which sticks up out front, I have put an orange square around it in the attached pic.

I was 50 yards on the inside of the last wash rock on the western edge of the cove.  The only exposed rock to the south of the last piece of land off the point by ghost trees. It's probably hung up on the bottom or wrapped in kelp. Thanks for the concern.

Would you think the gear is more in the green circle area (closer to the Point) or in the red square area (closer to the center of the cove)? Or am I way off on location?

We should be looking for a gun attached to a float line with a metal stringer on the other end right??

Will PM you if I find it!!

:wave:

Sincerely,

Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:53:51 PM by BigJim »

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
Jim, the gear is directly between the green and red markers. 40 feet of water, and ya gun on one end and metal stringer on the other. Thanks for your help.

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
Jim, the gear is directly between the green and red markers. 40 feet of water, and ya gun on one end and metal stringer on the other. Thanks for your help.

Got it.

The green area blows up big with breakers in a big swell, but next time I'm out will stop there and hunt...gives me a reason to dive there...I like that area anyway.

:icon_thumleft:

If I hear of anybody else finding it will let you know as well.

:wave:

Sincerely,

Jim

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt