collapse

Author Topic: Yazbeck Suit  (Read 900 times)

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Yazbeck Suit
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »
Well, after 20 years diving with XCEL wetsuits, I have been convinced to get a freedive suit.  Yesterday I went to the freedive shop and bought an Yazbeck Kelp Stalker.  I will be trying it out Sunday in Monterey.

The XCEL is a polar tec 9/8/7 tri density, yamamoto 39 neoprene, double titanium, scs inner lining, attached hood, front zipper, semi-dry suit.  It's been a great suit.

I'll let you guys know how the new suit stacks up Sunday night.

Calif_Diver

Re: Yazbeck Suit
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
Rob you will love it, i have a yazbeck ,never once got cold in it,and hardly ever get any water in it unless i let it in, i just wish  i had one ten years ago.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:50:01 PM »
I have mixed feelings about it.  I'm happy to have a new suit, but I kinda feel like I'm losing an old friend.  At least I will have one great loaner!

Calif_Diver

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:15:20 AM »
Hang on to the xcel if you plan on scuba diving, i know i said i never got cold in mine,but never cold free diving,i did wear  my Yazbeck one day while scuba diving and i did get cold after an hour at 50 ft,. I wont do that again,

Offline snaildiver

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Be prepared for some traffic down south.  I believe theirs's a golf tournament happening now.
Alex L.

chaeki

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Welcome to the DARKSIDE, Scuba MAN!!!!

P.S.  use ALOT of lube... in the freedive suit, so you don't rip it.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »
How much lead did you wear in your Xcel?

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »
I guess the pro/am is this weekend so I'm ready for the crowds.

I bought a gallon of conditioner and a garden sprayer.

I was wearing 24 lbs in the Xcel and using soft weights.  I picked up a rubber belt, eight 2.5lb sharp weights and two 1.75lb California weights.  I hung up the weights on a wire an sprayed them with 2 cans of plasti-dip.  I don't know how much lead I need, but I should have plenty.  If I don't, I can go light, no biggie. 

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »
You should be able to get rid of alot of that extra weight.  Take the time to figure out the right weight and your diving will be 100 times more enjoyable.

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »
I am thinking of getting a Yazbeck suit.
How much did yours cost. Suit, boots.

The one problem I have is i have to piss after a couple hours in the water.
And no! I refuse to piss in my suit.
Any other suggestions?

chaeki

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

Any other suggestions?

I seen alot of guys cut their freedive tops to the mid belly, so there is no shoulder straps.  That should allow you to take off the beaver tail and lower it like pants on top of a kayak to relieve yourself.  Now in water.. it will get frigging cold, and a ling might thing it sees food.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »

Any other suggestions?

The suit was $498, gloves $36.  This suit is lined with scs titanium, so it is antibacterial in nature.  If you so piss in it you can rinse it clean.  If you refuse to piss in a suit altogether, you can have one made by polosub with a "pissette".  You can also buy condom catheters and "pipe" it to the outside.

Oh yeah, I got 10% off for being a member of NCUH.  Russ helped me.  He did a good job.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:50:44 PM by Rob102 »

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 01:59:20 PM »

I seen alot of guys cut their freedive tops to the mid belly, so there is no shoulder straps.  That should allow you to take off the beaver tail and lower it like pants on top of a kayak to relieve yourself.  Now in water.. it will get frigging cold, and a ling might thing it sees food.
[/quote]

I talked to Russ about cutting the top and he suggested folding it down.  I wanted high waist, but I'm going to try folding it down before I cut it.

Chaeki, as far as a ling seeing food, it would have to be phenomenal vis in shallow water for a ling to see what I'm trolling with.  In 50 degree water the ling would think it was on a mushroom hunt

Calif_Diver

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
mushroom hunt
 :laughing4: :laughing4:

Calif_Diver

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »
I'm not worried much about lings if i pulled my suit down in the water,I'm afraid it will break off like an icicle. :laughing7:

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt