collapse

Author Topic: Let's dive down south  (Read 890 times)

Offline Joshua R.

Let's dive down south
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
I had an idea today to do a dive trip down south for all skill levels.  My thought is that if we could get about 20 guys together I would organize a trip down.  For about $300-$400 each I think we could rent a bus for 2 or 3 days and dive a few spots.  Maybe even hit catalina.  The price would include gas and lodging so all you'd have to do is get the appropriate licenses and take care of your own food.  No prices are set yet and if you want to do more that's fine but will be reflected in the price, or maybe you want to do less.  This post is to see who's interested and what you want to do so I can come up with a price.

Some ideas I have are to go down to San Diego and dive the famous Childrens Pool.  This area is open to hunting and we'd be able to spearfish or grab lobster.  I could ask some of my friends on a local dive club to host us and make an event out of it. 

From there we could come up to Laguna and dive the states largest SMCA.  this would be a video only dive spot but a good way for us to show our disapproval of the whole MLPA process and an excellent dive spot, again hosted by a local dive club.

Then we could come further north, or go to catalina and dive.  We could even do a boat dive on Catalina pretty cheap.

First we need to know who would be interested.  then we'll figure out what the skill levels are and what everyone wants to do to figure out pricing and logistics.  I see allot of guys on this board talking about wanting to dive down south so maybe this is how to get you into it.

By all skill levels I mean ALL, beginner to expert.  Obviously the experts will be diving a different area but the diverse terrain in southern California makes it possible for complete beginners to dive within yards of experienced divers and enjoy the same visability and benefit of water that is generally 10 degrees warmer than what we get up here.

So who's interested in a trip south?

chaeki

Let's dive down south
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »
I am, if you could make it affordable. I wouldn't mind driving down and sleeping in my car to save costs.  Jahahahah, camp it for the win!!

Offline redsok

Re: Let's dive down south
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
   I am with chaeki,, car or maybe one of your buds would allow an occupy in their yard haha ... but you know i have already talked w you about down south so you know where i stand

Offline ccup

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »
Sounds like a good time. Great idea Josh. My preference would be to take my own car for freedom of movement but join in on the dives and festivities (sharing costs, of course). As for lodging, personally it depends if my wife goes with me. I could take a few folks down with me as well from the bay area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Offline todd

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »
Great Idea, a cross club dive is good Idea, hell Im down for austrailia or Zealand abs too,  maybe stop at Pismo and dive for clams or down south at zuma. Josh is right, need some cool long distance trips south and north....  A 47 seat travel coach with bathroom my friend rents out is 850 $ a day with driver... Has multiple dvd players and really nice....
Todd Stagnaro

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt