collapse

Author Topic: USA 2012 National Spearfishing Championships  (Read 3173 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
USA 2012 National Spearfishing Championships
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »
This just in from Dennis Haussler,

I wanted to announce the accepted bid for nationals this year.
If anyone is interested, contact me or your local council or club for info on competing.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM DIVERS WHO OPPOSE THESE COMPS!!!! PLEASE!!! KEEP IT TO YOURSELF OR YOUR FRIENDS WHO HOLD THE SAME OPINIONS.

The comp will be august 2nd, at Albion CA. This spot is beautiful and fishy, with LOTS of good country for spearing. This is also the beginning of the second half of ab season, and there plenty there for the harvesting.
Camping is available, as well as vacation rentals, hotels, boat launch at the cove, restaurants, and the world destination of mendocino for your wives or significant others to spend your money! If your unsure about who or what, contact me. There are plenty of councils that you can dive for, and I will help direct you.

You can find all the details at www.2012usnationals.com.
Glen McGuire is the director for this comp, and having as much experience as he does, this should be an outstanding meet both underwater and topside.

If you have questions, contact me at dennis@20fathoms.com, or Glen at gmflipper@sbcglobal.net.

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
Re: USA 2012 National Spearfishing Championships
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
So are you recruiting for a NCUH team Matt?

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
no but if there were a group of guy's that wanted to that would be way cool, just get in touch with Dennis for the details.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
I emailed Dennis.  Aug. 2nd is a Thursday. That seems kind of weird.

Offline .

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 11:45:51 AM »
I plan on diving on a mixed division team.  Time to scout the hell out of that stretch of coast.

chaeki

USA 2012 National Spearfishing Championships
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »
Time to book RSVP for my abs

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
I plan on diving on a mixed division team.  Time to scout the hell out of that stretch of coast.

Have you been placed on a team yet Rick?  I am looking into joining the comp. but still figuring out the details of creating a team or council, etc. If you want to scout together some time let me know. I am in Oakland and I have a small inflatable which I have launched at Albion several times and can easily get us to all of the boundaries of the comp.

Offline .

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »

Have you been placed on a team yet Rick?  I am looking into joining the comp. but still figuring out the details of creating a team or council, etc. If you want to scout together some time let me know. I am in Oakland and I have a small inflatable which I have launched at Albion several times and can easily get us to all of the boundaries of the comp.

I'll probably be on a team with Chris (ccup), once his ear problem is cleared by his doctor.

Because it's in northern California this year, rather than a more popular dive location like Hawaii or Florida, finding a team spot shouldn't be too difficult as there should be plenty of councils/club spots open. I think CenCal's spots are all filled up, but there's a multitude of spots from other councils accross the country. I think each coucil/region gets 3-4 teams, and they're not going to fill all of them, so local divers from around here will be allowed to hold those spots.

Definitely shoot Dennis an email if you're interested. I'm sure there's other individual guys looking to get on a team.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt