collapse

Author Topic: Let me introduce you to my little pren!  (Read 959 times)

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
Let me introduce you to my little pren!
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

Here it is, the finished product.

Thanks to my brother at Berco Redwood in Sacto where I got the wood for a song and dance and my old buddy Andy there for milling it for me to laminate.  I used to work with Andy a long time ago at Berco.  Great people there!!!

Thanks to Fis_hunter for the tip on using a practice piece.  I would have completely screwed the pooch with out that nugget!

Thanks to Josh at Neptonics for the hardware, shaft, and bands.

Thanks to Phil H for the epoxy and pro gun builder tips.  Not to mention the style that I copied a bit.  You make righteous stuff, dude!

Thanks to the Freedive Shop in West Sac for the rigging kit, especially to Stan for all the tips he offered.  I have to brag a bit, he asked if the gun was a Phil H gun.  When I told him it was my first gun build, but I borrowed ideas from Phil's pics I think he was a bit impressed.    I just rigged it up today.  And it shoots pretty nice.

A big thanks to The ReefGeek for your gun build post, the band post, the epoxy post, and all the other stuff you did to help me finish this project.  As well as the posts that motivated me to take on the project in the first place, that was the reef gun post BTW.

And finally thanks to Matt for this kick butt web site.

I look forward to using it tomorrow with the gang.  Hopefully it will be put to good use.

I say not too shabby for a first try.

MN

rangair94

Re: Let me introduce you to my little pren!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:08:19 PM »
Nice. Are you going to be able to actually use it? I wouldn't want to mess it up in the ocean.

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:52:28 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm gunna take it out.   :icon_thumright:

MN

Offline phil herranen

• herranenspearguns
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:57:25 PM »
looks good . welcome to the sickness
phil

Abdvrob

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
Looks F'ing AWESOME  Mike!!! Great job bro.

Offline thereefgeek

• Do what you like, not what your friends like.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 05:52:41 PM »
Nice to see it finished!  Have you done any target practice in the pool yet? ;)
-Rich VanDusen (my friends call me "Dick")
www.svrambleon.com

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »
It is a sickness, but I like it, Phil.

Thanks Rob. 

No target practice Rich.  But I did test fire it a few times in the pool to make sure the bands were okay and the rigging held.  The bands were fine and the rigging held.

Today I headed to Ocean Cove with a few guys and to meet the others from NCUWH.  I got off a shot or two there, I even hit my target.  I need a longer float line though.   :laughing7:

Here are the fruits of my labor from today.

MN

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:21:44 PM by Mike n »

Krisdude

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »
nice work bud looks good and it works too a plus hope it many fish

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »
Thanks Krisdude,

I'm looking forward to using down in your neck of th woods one of these days. I actually have a longer blank that matches this one waiting to be worked on.  It will be 10"longer.  Maybe that would be apropriate for the better vis in your area?

Either way I'm jazzed to get this thing wet again and to get the next one started.

MN

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt