collapse

Author Topic: Maryland Crab Cakes  (Read 488 times)

Offline underwater1

Maryland Crab Cakes
« on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
Maryland Crab Cakes

Dungeness Crab Modification

•1 lb.  Crab meat (best to use body meat)
•2 eggs
•½ cup mayo for Dungeness Crab body only meat.  (¾ Cup Mayo for Dungeness Crab meat that includes leg and body meat).   In Maryland, only the meat that comes out of the part of the body that controls the back fins of blue crabs is used for the best cakes.
•12 Saline Crackers
•2 heaping teaspoons of Old Bay Seasoning
•2 large cloves of garlic sliced thinly

Mix all ingredient and form paddies.
Melt one entire stick of butter in a frying pan, and sauté the paddies over low heat (low heat will ensure that the butter does not go south).  If the butter gets fully absorbed into the crab cakes, then add more butter.  The cakes are always bathing in melted butter.  Serve hot once both sides are golden brown. 
Can be served with avocado slices and or tomato slices.

* The summer culture around the Chesapeake Bay revolves around the eating of blue crabs.  They are typically covered with Old Bay Seasoning, then steamed or made into cakes with Old Bay seasoning.  OId Bay Seasoning and crabs go hand in hand with the blue crabs.  The State below Maryland proudly supports bumper sticker that says “Virginia is for Lovers”.  Marylanders sport bumper sticker stat say “Maryland is for Crabs”.   It is what it is.
After scoring 30 Dungeness crabs with two pots in 90 minutes yesterday a bit North of Salmon Creek, I had to dig up the old family recipe.  Life is good!
Here is a picture of a blue crab my daughter and I caught on the Chesapeake Bay this past summer.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt