collapse

Author Topic: Camping site on Mendocino  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Mike K

Camping site on Mendocino
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
I and my family have a plan to visit Mendocino next week( 6th-9th ).  We will spend two nights at Pacific Star Winery where the Randy Fry "Big X" Free Diving Tournament will be held, but still I need to find a camping site for the first night. If anyone knows a camping site which has shower, flush toilet and safe environment, please let me know. I know I am expecting too much but I am bring wife and son and they want shower and flush toilet...

This is the first trip to Mendocino and first time to FreeDive event. I maybe get a smallest ab in the event since I am a beginner and new to this place. If anyone knows safe dive spot, and willingly take the beginner( me ) to there, and become a dive buddy for the event, please let me know. I more than happy to pay the registration for you.  :occasion14: :occasion14: I know I am expecting too much, but I am just asking

Mike
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:33:28 PM by kyamen »

Offline craighobbist02

Re: Camping site on Mendocino
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
If you are looking for something safe and secure.. I was at the Pomo or Pombo camp /trailer grounds . It has been redone and is very nice. They lock the gates at 11 pm so no one gets in... or out for that matter. It doesn't have one bit of rustic charm... but it is very clean and very nice fish cleaning stations etc.... look it up on line.
Cheers
" I don't want to join any club that would concider having me as a member"

Offline Lasiter1975

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:47 AM »
Just got back from camping at Capar beach campground. It was very nice. Hot showers, nice bathrooms, fish & ab cleaning station. Lock up your food at night the racoons are serious out there.
" I am the way, the truth and the life no one comes to the Father except through Me." Jesus

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 04:21:19 AM »
You're welcome to join us if you want. I'll help you out.

Offline riobuster

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »
I would stay at Caspar beach campground. The beach is right across the street  and there is a small store  and playground for the kids. Pomo's trailer sites are very nice but I like the tent sites better at Caspar. There is supposed to be rain around Wed. so be prepared for that. Also, I would ask for a private drive in site in the back if available rather than a walk in site in the front as the walk in sites don't get much sun and will be wet and muddy after the rain.
Jim
Everything in the universe flows. You can't get a hold of water by clutching it. Let your hand relax and only then will you enjoy and experience it.

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »
Casper is your best bet. Clean, nice showers, a store, and the beach is right across the street. :thumbsup:
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt