collapse

Author Topic: 2011 Big ab cook off recipes  (Read 929 times)

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
2011 Big ab cook off recipes
« on: August 23, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »
This year there were 16 entries in the cook off all the ones I tried were great.  Now is the time to give back to your fellow hunter and step up your game for next year.  I know there will be those who say it is my recipe and it is a secret.  To you I say why did you join this site if not to learn and share with others.  The time has come Share your recipe and come up with a new idea for next time.   Share your recipe here so all those who were not there can see what they missed. I will go first.

I made coconut curry abalone this year.

Ingredients
2 13.5 oz cans of coconut milk (I used Thai Kitchen)
1 5 oz can bamboo shoots (I used Dynasty)
1 15 oz can Chinese stir-fry vegtables (I used Dynasty)
2" of fresh ginger diced
2 garlic cloves diced
1 green Jalapeno pepper sliced thin lenght wise(for color)
1/4 red bell pepper diced into chunks (for color)
1 teaspoon Panang curry paste(I used Aroyo-D) (More if you like it hot)
1 carrot sliced thin for color
2 tbls fish sauce
1 can baby corn(I used golden star)
1 tblsp corn starch to thicken if needed
1 large abalone sliced and pounded and cut into strips about 1 inch wide 1/4" thick and two inches long.
11 packets of splenda (you can also use sugar white or brown)

add the coconut milk, curry, sugar fish sauce and all vegtables you want tender to pan and heat until just boiling add other vegtables then add abalone and return to a simmer and take off heat.  (Abalone cooks fast do not over cook)

Simpel and quick serve over rice.

My wife likes to add Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning when serving.(we forgot to bring it to the comp :angry7:)

Enjoy

Myrel C. Willeford

Offline redsok

Re: 2011 Big ab cook off recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
   You know it wouldn't be a bad idea to come up w a norcal ab cookbook, and have all procedes go to scan or something like that.. I tried some killer grub this weekend and was bummed i missed a lot and tell you the truth i can't remember how some were cooked, but were delicious... Anyways just food for thought..Btw diver Dan post up the ravioli!!!! That was awesome and i give your wife and child the credit... Jason B

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
Re: 2011 Big ab cook off recipes
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:20:59 AM »
   You know it wouldn't be a bad idea to come up w a norcal ab cookbook, and have all procedes go to scan or something like that.. I tried some killer grub this weekend and was bummed i missed a lot and tell you the truth i can't remember how some were cooked, but were delicious... Anyways just food for thought..Btw diver Dan post up the ravioli!!!! That was awesome and i give your wife and child the credit... Jason B

You are right Jason my I could not have done it without them and Matt Heinrich too.  They helped cut chop pound and catch.  I did forget one ingredient as well.

I also added a few water chestnuts chopped.
Myrel C. Willeford

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt