collapse

Author Topic: Performance freediving school web site.  (Read 2994 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Performance freediving school web site.
« on: June 28, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »
 Performance freediving school web site.
 Some of you may have heard of them befor Performance freediving school. Here is a link to their web site. I have heard alot of good stuff from lots people about how good they are and how you will increse your freediving skills. I know it is on my list of things to do  one day just thought I would passs along here is the link.

http://www.performancefreediving.com/
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

coot

Re: Performance freediving school web site.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:53:13 PM »
if anyone is considering taking this class there is an upcoming one in monterey this fall. I took the newport beach class about a month ago and it was awesome. No regrets at all. Total cost including gas, food, lodging and tuition was right around $1100. I slept in my truck the first two nights and packed breakfast and lunch to save some dough.
Kirt and Mandy are great instructors (as are Brett and Robert) and really go the extra mile. Most of the students hit at least 4 minute statics, a few 5 minute plus's, and anywhere from 82-115 feet.
Anybody whose considering and has any questions feel free to contact me.
 Jump on it!!

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:13:34 PM »
Thanks for the site I've condidered it, but decided to spend money on advancing my Scuba skills. Matt I read a few weeks ago, you got your master diver card, congrats dude thats awsome. I have a goal of getting my instructor card, I have my advanced card and want to go to the next level, whats your thought, or anyone else out there reading this, any suggestion? Is rescue diver the next step? The dive shop here in Chico has a class (if he can fill it ) for 225.00 includes books. I think thats pretty good price. Is it a tough class? I,ve lost my log book so I dont have many dives logged just got a computer and have 7 or 8 dive logged. How many do i need for instructor course? I'm trying to get in the water as much as possible but you know work usally gets in the way of that. Gonna try and get some dives in this weekend in Fort Bragg, anyone interested pm me. Sorry dont mean to take up your time, I'm definetly going to make it to the next club dive.
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Abdvrob

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
I'd take the Rescue Diver course. I took it and thought it was by far the BEST course I've taken. It's good to know that you can assist in possibly saving someones life out there diving. It also makes some of the new divers out there feel better knowing that they have a Rescue Diver along with them. My $.02.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
take the rescue class it is required plus it is all around good class to have aas well as navagation and limited vis and deep diving.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

DUCTBOY

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 04:46:59 PM »
Captain, dont no if your doing PADI or SSI. Down here in Yuba City we have a (SSI stress and rescue class).I had to go through it three times to get my assistant instructors card.I learned more in those classes than any others combined.I really recommend it to any scuba diver it will make you a better diver.

seaspearo

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
I attended the PFI class last month in Monterey. It was great, I wish I had took the class earlier, learn a lot technical, know what to do, what not to do, safe diving, and most important boost confident a lot. I improve my static from 3'45 to 5'20. During a ocean pull down dive, I pull down to 55 feet and stayed two minute over there! I can barely reach 50 feet before. 

rangair94

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »
I attended the PFI class last month in Monterey. It was great, I wish I had took the class earlier, learn a lot technical, know what to do, what not to do, safe diving, and most important boost confident a lot. I improve my static from 3'45 to 5'20. During a ocean pull down dive, I pull down to 55 feet and stayed two minute over there! I can barely reach 50 feet before.
:notworthy: Thats crazy

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt