NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Hunting Gear

How to keep your mask from fogging up

<< < (6/6)

John:

--- Quote from: randyrhoads on July 24, 2014, 05:37:09 PM ---What the hell caused this. Never had a problem with fog. Last dive nothing was keeping it off. I could fill the thing with spit and by the time I reached the bottom I might as well have had a blindfold on. So bad I had to stop diving early. Ill try the toothpaste and lighter but wtf would cause this out of nowhere like that.

--- End quote ---

This happened to me April 1st and it was leaking too, so every time I cleared my ears a little splash of saltwater would go right in both eyes.  Then the last couple dives it is totally back to normal. In the next dive I brought my old mask just in case but didn't need it. I wonder if it was because it had been a while since the last dive and maybe I stored the mask out of shape?

I have been wanting to try the seaweed trick but spitting in the mask is such a routine part of getting dressed I always forget.

IceColdChuck:
No one ever tells you what the absolute best de-fogger is for your mask....urine.

Urea and it's ammonia like compounds leave glass clear and clean like nothing else, try it.

Duckfoot:

--- Quote from: John on May 30, 2015, 07:12:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: randyrhoads on July 24, 2014, 05:37:09 PM ---What the hell caused this. Never had a problem with fog. Last dive nothing was keeping it off.

--- End quote ---

Silicone skirts can keep off-gassing for awhile and build up on the glass - so I've been told. Are you storing it differently? I use Bon Ami cleanser before a dive. 100% success rate.
--- End quote ---

rluiz:

--- Quote from: IceColdChuck on May 30, 2015, 08:17:48 AM ---No one ever tells you what the absolute best de-fogger is for your mask....urine.

Urea and it's ammonia like compounds leave glass clear and clean like nothing else, try it.

--- End quote ---

https://imgflip.com/i/m8gcc

i can only see this happening if someone tries this

http://memegenerator.net/instance/24468350

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version