collapse

Author Topic: Dinner Tonight  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Byers

• Thankful for the freedom we have
Dinner Tonight
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
Sorry Guys but I had to post the menu from the dinner I cooked for the girlfriend tonight,
Artichokes fresh from my garden,asparagus Tips in garlic and olive oil,also fresh from the garden,1 Abalone, took 1/2 of the ab an sliced it into steaks and put it in foil with butter/garlic/lemon juice/and dill.
took the other half and sliced into steaks and did egg batter with Italian bread crumbs and fried in garlic olive oil
and the we top it off with a bottle of French Champagne!
Do I know how to wine and dine a lady or what?
now out of Abs need to go Diving  :thumbsup:
Bob Byers

Offline Desertdiver

• When I Grow Up still want to be a Diver & Fireman
Re: Dinner Tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
So Chef Ptomaine,  tryn' to get lil' somtin',somtin??  Just paddled in at Albion and and cleaned nice ling and couple rocks that I pole speared.  Practic, practice. Your menu sounds much better and you have cute company to boot.  Gauged 9-9 3/4s till my arms got tired. Did not catch up with that elusive 10, just too wicked fast...... I will be here Mon and Tues if you get a wild hair.  Look for my green tuna boat ford.  Vis 20' light wind, swell???

Offline Byers

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:08:47 PM »
sounds good my friend, dive safe, and find that Ten :hello2:
Bob Byers

Offline snaildiver

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:39:55 PM »
You prepare a meal like that, you better get a little something, something.   :laughing7:
Alex L.

Offline Ken Butler

• Was "northshorediver"
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
Come on guys.  Of course he's getting a little somthing, somthing.  He hasn't put a ring on her finger yet.  Byers, if you don't know what i'm talking about you will when you make her your wife.  LOL
Ken Butler

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
Sorry dude...you lost me at Asparagus  :puke:

Hope YOU enjoyed it
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline Byers

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
oh the fun we have here, I love it  :icon_thumleft: and at 52 I know exactly what you be talking about, because I now be engaged, when you have a good one you had better keep it, besides she Brought me a speargun at christmas, least I could do was give her a ring  :headbang:
Bob Byers

Offline Kali_Diver

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
If my girl reads this I bet I'll be gettin a new speargun for Christmas :)

Offline Byers

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »
Kali Diver,it is the french Champagne that does the trick, speargun/new Kayak,,ect
Bob Byers

Offline Russ R.

• freedivin'
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
Man I was droppin trau at 2 kinds of ab then.... champage!!! Man!! Congratulations on the engagement Bob, hope to see you guys soon,Russ

Offline Desertdiver

• When I Grow Up still want to be a Diver & Fireman
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 08:44:48 PM »
Another One Bites the Dust.....a prenup protects the truck... and another one gone......     Anyway Congratulations and Good luck My Friend.   :occasion14:                                                                     
 It took me to #4 to find the right One.  :violent1: 

Offline Badfish

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
Hey Byers,
Just cooked up an Ab with your ingredients.  Steaked it out and wrapped in foil over the BBQ.  The flavor was awesome, a good way to mix it up from just frying all of the time.  I just have to figure out the cooking time.  I left it on the grill for about 12 mins and the Ab was slightly chewy for my liking.  Probably just need to cook it for a shorter time period.  Anyway, thanks for the recipe.

Offline Byers

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
Hey Guys thanks on the congrads, as far as the cook time,once the BBQ is going I cook for about 8-10 Min's and it done, at the meet and greet someone did a foil wrap and used sun dried tomatoes,and ??? and that was great also
Bob Byers

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt