collapse

Author Topic: Free Dive video off the web  (Read 806 times)

Offline bplaza

Free Dive video off the web
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »
Not sure how many of you have seen this video but I just watched this on Youtube for the first time, this guy is amazing.

chaeki

Free Dive video off the web
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »
Yes, that is a good one

Offline bplaza

Re: Free Dive video off the web
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
The physical aspect of this is amazing. This video also makes me just think about the gear we buy to dive and the money we spend getting things we need for a dive. Personaly I've probably spent over $500 getting the gear I need over the past 3 - 4 years as I've learned to dive and hunt. Then I see this guy just go out in a pair of shorts, some rickity ass goggles, a basic homemade speargun and he just whoops up on anything I do with all the "fancy" dive & hunting gear I have. Definately inspires me to work on my bottom time.

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:02:54 AM »
Only have 2 questions.

What does one do about goggle sqeeze with no way to equalize?

How bad could this guy clean out a reef with just a pair of decent dive fins?
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline Malibu_Two

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
The physical aspect of this is amazing. This video also makes me just think about the gear we buy to dive and the money we spend getting things we need for a dive. Personaly I've probably spent over $500 getting the gear I need over the past 3 - 4 years as I've learned to dive and hunt. Then I see this guy just go out in a pair of shorts, some rickity ass goggles, a basic homemade speargun and he just whoops up on anything I do with all the "fancy" dive & hunting gear I have. Definately inspires me to work on my bottom time.

This guy is definitely a badass, but keep in mind that the water there is probably warm enough that nobody would need or want a wetsuit. The goggles thing puzzles me - I thought goggles would make your eyes pop out of your head or something. I was a little disappointed to see him shoot that tiny little fish after all that effort - I was hoping for a nice snapper or something.

Anyway, if I could dive half as well as this guy, I'd be pulling limits of 10s regularly!

Offline Byers

• Thankful for the freedom we have
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:29:16 AM »
he has probably been diving since birth, but if you look at his goggles when he comes up they look like they are pushing on his eyes,ouch!!
Bob Byers

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt