collapse

Author Topic: Mystery at Timber Cove.  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Kali_Diver

Mystery at Timber Cove.
« on: April 20, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
I went for a tank dive last year straight out of the cove looking for a few fish. Upon my decent I noticed what looked like a vase with a cloth lid. I thought it was a rare find untill I looked around and noticed about a dozen others. A kinda creepy grave yard feeling came over me so I left them alone and put some distance between them and myself. Now curiousity has gotten the better of me and I really wonder what they are. 

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
Re: Mystery at Timber Cove.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:17:21 AM »
Buddhist burial urns.

I have heard that once the ceremony is complete and the urns are left on the bottom of the ocean, the meaning/significance is done and that "they" would not mind people taking them.

I never have though cuz it still kinda creeps me out!!

:wave:

Sincerely,

Jim

Offline snaildiver

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »
I was told that there is a local monastery near Timber Cove.  The monks dive down and bury urns on a reef.  Apparently it attracts fish and why some people fish there.  You also get see beautiful vases thinking they are treasure until you realize there's a date on it and ash inside.  A cemetery underwater,  spooky  :dontknow:
Alex L.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
Yes I have found and seen them as well !! Like you Alex the first time I saw one thought I found tresure from an old wreck !!! untill I noticed the date's and then was flat out creeped out !!! I se dead people when I dive !!!  :laughing7:
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline brdopry

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:45:46 PM »
 Hes called the kerplunk munk! He doesnt dive they do a ceramony on the beach then the monk and a employe of the cove go out in a rental boat and drop em over a nother ceramony out by the point. They wash in close some times onto shore

Abdvrob

Mystery at Timber Cove.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »
Wow, I never knew that. That would probably turn my ass a 1-80.

Red Abalone Diving

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:07:58 AM »
So this why I feel charged after diving there! All good karma! Which reminds me of one of mine all time favorite songs:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:59:41 AM by Red Abalone Diving »

Offline Desertdiver

• When I Grow Up still want to be a Diver & Fireman
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
Red AbDiving, thanks for sharing this cool video.  Just started lookin" at the site when my wife got a call that one of her co-worker just died from cancer after 4months.  Played the vid and and it brought a smile thru my wife's tears.  Lets all keep sharing and cherish our times past, present and future..  I need a saltwater fix....Thanks again. 
Be Safe and Have FUN!
Russ from Reno 

Red Abalone Diving

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
Red AbDiving, thanks for sharing this cool video.  Just started lookin" at the site when my wife got a call that one of her co-worker just died from cancer after 4months.  Played the vid and and it brought a smile thru my wife's tears.  Lets all keep sharing and cherish our times past, present and future..  I need a saltwater fix....Thanks again. 
Be Safe and Have FUN!
Russ from Reno
Russ you are sooooooo welcome and give the wife a hug for me and lets all shine on! About that saltwater fix totally under stand there too.

Abdvrob

Mystery at Timber Cove.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:56 PM »
I would, but I've never liked the Beatles. Gimme some good old Hank Jr and I'm charged up. That or some Pantera. Vulgar display of power!!!!!

Red Abalone Diving

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »
I would, but I've never liked the Beatles. Gimme some good old Hank Jr and I'm charged up. That or some Pantera. Vulgar display of power!!!!!
Bad karma there Rob. You may have desecrated the kindred spirits of the cove by not liking instant karma and soon fog may cloud you to the end of days or even worse:notworthy:

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:09 PM »
Hey, theres nothing wrong with Good ol Hank jr.
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
GOD BLESS HANK JR   :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cause a country boy will survive[/color]
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Abdvrob

Mystery at Timber Cove.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »
Bad karma there Rob. You may have desecrated the kindred spirits of the cove by not liking instant karma and soon fog may cloud you to the end of days or even worse:notworthy:
I disagree. Not liking the Beatles isn't going to mess with my karma. I do plenty of good deeds to maintain It. I'm way too conservative to care about their free loving music. Just MHO.

Abdvrob

Mystery at Timber Cove.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »
Good karma to Brandon and Matt. As if those two needed anymore, lmao!!!!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt