collapse

Author Topic: Anyone have an old AB GRAB bar? Or ideas for favorite scallop bar..  (Read 61 times)

Offline PTandspear

I went out diving today looking for scallops, and after switching to spearfishing somehow lost my favorite old "AB GRAB" bar. I have had this bar for 5 years and super bummed to have lost it..does anyone have one laying around that they would sell?

Otherwise, I need a new scallop bar at this point. Any ideas on a good scallop bar that's legal per regulations?

Thanks,
Chance

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Just use a regular old national divers steel about iron. A regular length and a short for times when you can't maneuver a long iron.

Steel is better for a couple reasons. It's heavier and weights the float line better. It's also stronger than aluminum and won't break on difficult scallops. I have several broken ab grabs to illustrate that point.

Offline PTandspear

Thanks for the suggestion Rob, I'll look into getting one of these. You've broke several AB GRAB's? Man that seemed like a tough bar to me lol.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt