collapse

Author Topic: New board added for the photog's and underwater video.  (Read 5835 times)

Offline frakkinshiny

• Administrator
    • Underwater Photography by Ericson Reduta
Re: New board added for the photog's and underwater video.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »
Ericson, you are too modest, you have definitely come up to and in some ways passed my expertise behind the lens! But we do it for the love of capturing the beauty and sharing with one another, helping each other to grow in such a unique art form! One thing that I treasure about the photog brotherhood is that it is never about competition, just about hearing those ooooo's and ahhhh's! I'm gettin pretty ancy for the winter time!
Mike,

Thanks for the props. Speaking of competitions, NCD has a photo contest for best underwater photograph that best represents North Coast Diving. You should enter... there's some cool prizes donated by Bamboo Reef.

-eR
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:20:55 PM by frakkinshiny »
20ft vis, 50F, Kelp...a great dive!
Underwater Photography by Ericson

Offline Kaveh

• the ocean and I get along just fine
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »
wow ericson.. veyr impressed with you photography!

for those that are on the cheap i gotta show you a picture i took with a cheapo underwater disposable camera at salt point.. i am by NO means saying it is a replacement for ericson's camera or any other canon/nikon, but i always bring a disposable just in case cause you can still shoot off some nice stuff.

flickr is blocked at work but if you goto

www.flickr.com/photos/nugunslinger or www.flickr.com/nugunslinger/photos (i cant remember which order the url is) and type in "starfish" in the search my shots spot you can see my killer shot taken with a $8 throw-away.. lol.

i am really interested in diving with you off season.. both for photography and spearfishing so ill keep my eyes peeled for those dates.  my friend wayne has a nice underwater camera and i know he is very interested in underwater photography.. he and i are both very amateur above water photographers and love it!
diving the edible ocean since '99

Offline bluestar

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
wow ericson.. veyr impressed with you photography!

for those that are on the cheap i gotta show you a picture i took with a cheapo underwater disposable camera at salt point.. i am by NO means saying it is a replacement for ericson's camera or any other canon/nikon, but i always bring a disposable just in case cause you can still shoot off some nice stuff.

flickr is blocked at work but if you goto

www.flickr.com/photos/nugunslinger or www.flickr.com/nugunslinger/photos (i cant remember which order the url is) and type in "starfish" in the search my shots spot you can see my killer shot taken with a $8 throw-away.. lol.

i am really interested in diving with you off season.. both for photography and spearfishing so ill keep my eyes peeled for those dates.  my friend wayne has a nice underwater camera and i know he is very interested in underwater photography.. he and i are both very amateur above water photographers and love it!

nice pics bigfin...  which disposal camera did you use to take those shots?

Offline Kaveh

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 04:33:54 PM »
some crappy safeway deal.. it was blue and came in a two pack..dont remember which one.. the MAJOR downside to the disposables is that really you only get a few good shots out of the lot because the flash just totally sucks.. the camera is about $8-12 and takes 24 shots... i have only been able to get 5 good shots on any given camera.. and then its about $5 to develop it.. so now ya looking at $1 a shot.. phew.. thats expensive!

i bought a cool underwater disposable camera online once and it was a disposable camera in a detachable-reusable underwater housing.. went down to 25' and it worked fairly well, but unfortunately it just stopped working once when i went down too deep.. sure it was my fault, but it was frustrating cause i had just bought it and out of spite, i just cant bring myself to buy another one.. it was about $25 so not too expensive.. i think i got it at wolfcamera.com.

Offline Kaveh

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Underwater-Following-Powershot-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0012O9H5W/ref=pd_cp_t_0

so i was thinking... i have one of these things and its great... its a flexible underwater housing that just fits over the camera and allows you to use all the cameras normal buttons.. its only rated for 16' which isnt that much but for general snorkeling or shallow free diving it serves its purpose and you can just throw in any ole compact digital camera... i use it in my pool and i love it.

Offline Kaveh

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »
so two of my buddies that couldnt make it with us during labor day went diving near ocean cove and recorded a few of their dives with an underwater wrist camcorder they have.. i was blown away by the quality of the video and the cost is really low! at about $140 it runs off of two AAA batteries and records at 5 megapxls up to 30 meters.... ill try to find out the make and model and post a link soon. it has several useful modes... video, still, 3 shot burst and it will even take a shot every 2 seconds until you tell it to stop.

cool eh?

i am going to try get them to upload the video here.. why they arent members boggles my mind.. i talk about this site constantly.

Abdvrob

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »
Yeah Kaveh, get that info. That sounds like something that may go on my Christmas list.

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to set that! Sounds quite interesting!
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt