collapse

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing License and Abalone Report Card  (Read 2552 times)

Offline urmaddad

2011 Fishing License and Abalone Report Card
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:24:17 PM »
I just purchased the new 2011 California fishing license, abalone report card, ocean enhancement stamp, and spiny lobster card. The new system for purchasing all of this is now computerized with a long printout of each item. Abalone report card tags that need to be attached to the abalone shells are no longer perforated. You will need to bring scissors in order to cut off the tags and punch in a hole.
Gary P.

Brandi

Re: 2011 Fishing License and Abalone Report Card
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
Hi Gary,

There has been several other forums discussing, voicing frustrations and sharing proactive problem solving in regards to the new fishing license system.  One can pre-punch and pre-perf as long as the tags are still attached. If you choose to pre-punch & pre-perforate, do at your own discretion/risk.

Some of the ideas that spun out of the discussions to address the abalone tag are:

to pre-punch:
hole punch
hammer and nail (suggest to check holes with zip intended to use to make sure it fits)
exacto knife - make slit for zip
dive knife - make slit for zip

to pre-perforate:
pounce tool (less than $7+ depending on source)
radial cutter with removable perforated blade (more spendy)

Hope that helps.

Happy New Year,
Brandi
(with pre-punched. pre-perforated tags - ready for ab season!!)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:24:40 AM »
I actually started a thread on the tools needed for next year and all the same stuff, great advice Brandi  :thumbsup:
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline Byers

• Thankful for the freedom we have
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
I just spent a fortune at the sporting good store for fishing lic an ab card told them i need everything and lord and behold no one there said anything about an ocean enhancement stamp ?????????? I am guessing i need this ?
and the Ab card is as everyone has said,long and made of Rubber :dontknow:
thanks for all the info
Bob Byers

Brandi

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
I just spent a fortune at the sporting good store for fishing lic an ab card told them i need everything and lord and behold no one there said anything about an ocean enhancement stamp ?????????? I am guessing i need this ?
and the Ab card is as everyone has said,long and made of Rubber :dontknow:
thanks for all the info

Bob,
The ocean enhancement stamp is if you are planning on fishing south of Pt Conception.
Brandi

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
You'll need it for the lobsters too.

Offline Byers

• Thankful for the freedom we have
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
Thanks Brandi and Joshua, as of now i don not do either one, maybe when this old man gets better at diving again Josh will need some Lobster Bait  :laughing7:
Thanks again
Bob Byers

Offline urmaddad

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:05 PM »
I must have missed the previous discussions about the abalone tag issue due to the holidays. Since I already take a plastic waterproof case for the abalone card, tags, ties, and a pen, I plan to also bring some small pointed scissors. That seems like the easiest way to go.
Gary P.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt