collapse

Author Topic: Ocean looks good !!!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline livesinhumboldt

Ocean looks good !!!
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »
http://www.agatecove.com/webcam.html

Anybody skipping the turkey and going diving today? The web cam at Mendocino is showing a very nice looking ocean. I wish I could jump through my PC screen and right into the water there.
Bryan S.

Offline livesinhumboldt

Re: Ocean looks good !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:04:19 AM »
FRI
SE WIND 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 1 TO
3 FT AT 8 SECONDS. CHANCE OF RAIN.

Man, the local report looks workable up here for tomorrow morning. A person would have to hit it early and hope to beat the wind. The low tide is at 8:30ish and it's only a 2.5ft run off (maybe allowing for some vis), plus it's only going up 3.2ft for the PM high tide. hmmmm Tempted to try to get a half day off and attempt an AM dive hmmmmm

Friday 11/26/10 3:11AM 5.72 feet  High Tide
Friday 11/26/10 7:17AM   Sunrise
Friday 11/26/10 8:14AM 3.36 feet  Low Tide
Friday 11/26/10 11:26AM   Moonset
Friday 11/26/10 1:54PM 6.57 feet  High Tide
Bryan S.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:14:29 AM »
Just got back from a early morning drive at the coast and the water is awesome ! and from the forcast noaa has up even better tomorrow !
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline mateo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »
How's the viz Matt

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
Did not dive just drove out to check it out and get a cup of coffee, it is only 15 min to Jenner from my house
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

chaeki

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »
Issac the new guy and I are going up in the afternoon, should be at stillwater around 2ish.  Can't get there any earlier because the wife is shopping black friday, and I have to wait for her to get back before taking off.  I got a text msg that hamachijohn might be joining as well.  Heard Milo and the boys will be at ocean cove, with the freedive folks there, enjoying thurs/friday.

Offline Spike

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Hey all,

Zack and I are doing a cannon ball run north to the land of the giants. Ocean is flat as a fritter up there and there is a south wind a blowin, this could mean cold clean water to find that giant I left behind in Sept. Will post up upon our return. Do to some travelling conditions the trip is going to be brutal(we may be pulling kayaks for miles to get to entry point.

SRJ

chaeki

Ocean looks good !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »
Hey all,

Zack and I are doing a cannon ball run north to the land of the giants. Ocean is flat as a fritter up there and there is a south wind a blowin, this could mean cold clean water to find that giant I left behind in Sept. Will post up upon our return. Do to some travelling conditions the trip is going to be brutal(we may be pulling kayaks for miles to get to entry point.

SRJ

I will be waiting for that report for sure !

Offline livesinhumboldt

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 05:51:48 PM »
Hey all,

SRJ

Heck yeah Spike!!!  I'm gona perdict a limit of tens pulled by you tomorrow  :headbang:
Bryan S.

Offline Julian

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »
After hearing that work was going to screw my weekend and a last minute planning frenzy, Geoff and I crammed in a sunrise dive yesterday morning and conditions were great. 

The water was calm but cold, viz could have been better but at about 15' it was good enough for me to shoot my second ling and find a meaty 9" ab.

Jealous as hell of anyone with a free day today.  This last weekend is only coughing up a couple good dive days...saturday is supposed to be stormy and sunday the water is looking really ugly.

Offline Geoffrey

• Carpe de Carp ~ Latin ~ "Seize the Fish"
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »
After hearing that work was going to screw my weekend and a last minute planning frenzy, Geoff and I crammed in a sunrise dive yesterday morning and conditions were great. 

The water was calm but cold, viz could have been better but at about 15' it was good enough for me to shoot my second ling and find a meaty 9" ab.

Jealous as hell of anyone with a free day today.  This last weekend is only coughing up a couple good dive days...Saturday is supposed to be stormy and sunday the water is looking really ugly.

Yeah, I wish we could have made today and Sat. work. I really wanted a ling before the season was over but I can't win'em all. Yesterday felt good and I popped my 23rd & 24th Abs :)  8 5/8" and 8 7/8" looks like 9" under water. I wasn't thinking too clearly when we left Thurs morning and forgot my pro gauge and extra iron at home.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt