collapse

Author Topic: State park closures?  (Read 1250 times)

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

State park closures?
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:56 AM »
   Yesterday our govenor cut funding for our state parks. Now as a reprecution of this action 100 parks must be closed. Its a sad day for anyone who enjoys our parks and spends time in them. This morning on the news the report said they are trying to find private funding or any other way to keep these parks open so everyone can still enjoy them.   

Now as some of you know this discussion came up on another board and there was quite a bit of feed back. Now the questions. How as a group would we be able to adopt a park? Is this possible? If so and we find out we would be able to is there anyone who would be willing to donate time for park clean up and maintanance as well as help run the park. You have to think for us as divers this could mean no more Salt Point state park, Fort Ross and many other popular dive sites. I would really like your feed back on this before I start to research if this is even possible. Thanks
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: State park closures?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:39 AM »
I am on board and will volinteer my time, lets go ahead and do this. That would be great way to give back and keep our park open, so please research into jason and let us know what you find out ?
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt