collapse

Author Topic: what is your perfered gun ?  (Read 2481 times)

Diablo Loco

Re: what is your perfered gun ?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
I have a reel on my Omer HF 75.  I have not shot anything with it big enough to take line off the reel.  An open muzzle is better because your can put bands on much easier.  No difference in accuracy.

Offline riobuster

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »
My prefered gun?  The ones I built ;)

Yeah thanks rich!, now my son Jon is all hot to build a sweet little bamboo gun like yours ;)
Jim
Everything in the universe flows. You can't get a hold of water by clutching it. Let your hand relax and only then will you enjoy and experience it.

46inchwoody

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
my favorite gun is a custom 46 I got when I was in little Indo.

Offline phil herranen

• herranenspearguns
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
i only use mid handles for spearing up north , they turn faster , and u gain 10"-14" of power over the same size euro (handle to muzzle) the 2 guns i normaly are a 48" min and a 36" the 36" has the handle placed 16" from the butt so when looking in holes or for halis the tip is right next to me ready to shoot. a euro with the same handle to muzzle length wood be useless
phil

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »
hey Phil what would one of your mid handel guns say 32 to 36 inch cost ?
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Calif_Diver

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
hey Phil what would one of your mid handel guns say 32 to 36 inch cost ?
  2ND that question? Do  you  have a website showing your guns Phill?

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:54:22 PM by Fis_Hunter »
Myrel C. Willeford

Offline phil herranen

• herranenspearguns
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:31 PM »
it depends on the woods and specs but most that size run around $700 but that includes a lifetime warranty and free refinishing every year or two if needed (i havent gotten one back yet the epoxy i use is very tuff ) i have a friend working on my site right now the new version will be up very soon
phil

Offline riobuster

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 11:09:32 PM »
I know I'm crazy but I loved my 20 year old Aqua Craft Bandito. Ugly, short little gun that killed everything I aimed at. I lost it last year at Caspar somewhere on the south side of the cove.
Jim
Everything in the universe flows. You can't get a hold of water by clutching it. Let your hand relax and only then will you enjoy and experience it.

Offline Kaveh

• the ocean and I get along just fine
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 12:38:42 AM »
good info from you guys... so what i am understanding is that a shorter, open muzzle, at least 2 band gun is preferred for north coast diving.  thinking the mako 75cm predator pro railgun is the gun for me.

any other suggestions?
diving the edible ocean since '99

yakfisher

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
We were at Ocean Cove last Friday and Sat for Randy Fry. We were using Two Mako 90s and a Picasso 60. We didn't shoot anything big but we shot a lot of fish. Every fish I shot was a head shot. All three of those guns are very accurate. The vis was over 20 feet Friday. One Mako had a 20 band and the other had two 16s. One was closed muzzle and the other was open. The Picasso was closed/20. The 90's are nice because you know you will hit/kill anything the vis will allow you to see but the 60 was my favorite because of how light and maneuverable it was. The 60 with a 20mm band had good range.

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 08:58:41 PM »
My prefered gun?  The ones I built ;)
Rich send me some pics and your builders guide I love your gun bro
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Kai Kane

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »
My favorite so far is my hammerhead evolution 75.  Long enough with 2 bans to have some real kick and distance while keeping graet accuracy. Short enough to manuver through kelp and get into holes.  Got my biggest ling so far to date and one of the biggest cabs first time out with nice shots right where i wnted them. :icon_thumright:

Glaucus

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
My favorite so far is my hammerhead evolution 75.  Long enough with 2 bans to have some real kick and distance while keeping graet accuracy. Short enough to manuver through kelp and get into holes.  Got my biggest ling so far to date and one of the biggest cabs first time out with nice shots right where i wnted them. :icon_thumright:

Way to break in a new gun! :headbang: :headbang:  Thanks for the post.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt