collapse

Author Topic: Anyone want to share a location?  (Read 993 times)

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Anyone want to share a location?
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »
       I was just wondering if any of you would like to share a location for free diving for scallops? Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure to pluck a scallop as of yet and I would like to expand my diving to scallops. I understand if no one wants to share info on their spots. Also if your willing to hook up and do some scallop diving pm me or post here... Thanks
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline Flyin Brian

Re: Anyone want to share a location?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »
Only info I can give is on places that had scallops!  I'm sure there are many more nearby, it's just a matter of finding them.  I found one in the middle of Stillwater north last year, at 25 feet right in the center of the cove where you would expect a dozen people to cruise by every day.

As for places that have an abundance, the only place where I have found one on almost every day I have dove there is Big River, at the Mendocino Headlands.  This is also where I found the abalone with the 5 pearls, so it is a preferred spot for me.  Not many places you can limit on fish, grab abs, grab at least one scallop, and then freedive for dungeoness crabs on the way back in.  It's a stellar spot, so don't tell anyone!!  :-X

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »
 Thanks brian i appreciate the info you have to share. I will have to give that spot a try sometime let me know next time you head up there and maybe I will tag along. It sounds like great diving and an all around good time. Are you heading up to albion next weekend???
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline Flyin Brian

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
I saw everyone discussing the Albion dive, but I have already made plans to dive Salt Point this Saturday.  I will be up there early and then a bunch of friends are driving up to celebrate an anniversary.  I'm planning to bring a BBQ and a Coleman stove, and I'm gong to cook up the abs and fish right there in the parking lot ;)  Nothing better than fresh seafood while you still got a great view of the ocean!

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
Amen to that Brian! Sorry to hear that we will not be meeting up at Albion, but soon enough I'm sure. Good luck and like Matt says "GIT-R-DUN" ;D
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt