collapse

Author Topic: Aggressive jumbo squid spook San Diego scuba divers  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Flyin Brian

Re: Aggressive jumbo squid spook San Diego scuba divers
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »
Here's one of those ugly bastards Mike's talking about(BTW- I mean the squid).  I went on the same boat 3 years ago, it was fun but I didn't care for the meat too much.  I borrowed a medium weight pole from a buddy with a two-speed reel.  The whole time you're on the boat, the captain has one hand on the wheel and the microphone in the other, screaming into the PA system like a drill seargant "GET YOUR GEAR IN THE WATER, DONT SCREW AROUND, WE NEED LINES IN THE WATER, THIS AINT NO TIME TO SIT DOWN AND EAT A FRIGGIN SAMMICH, GET YER ASSES UP TO THE RAIL AND GET FISHING!!!"  I was right at the bow of the boat and I was pulling one up and he yells "COME ON, EVERYBODY IS CATCHING THEM, HELL - EVEN THIS GUY IN FRONT OF ME WITH THE TROUT POLE IS CATCHING THEM"  I almost fell over laughing so hard... that guy is a crazy character!!!
[smg id=224]

Abdvrob

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »
Alright, Im slowly starting to believe this whopper of a story that Mike told, now that Im seeing some pics. ;D ;D Calamari for DAYS!!!!!!

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
Rob belive it I have seen the pics some big squid !!!!
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »
 I almost made one of those trips but I was unable to make it but some of my buddies went and had a blast and they had fishing bait for a year. you know the type hook and line guys anyways I still want to go out and catch one of those monsters. I also still am curious about spearing one of those bad boys as well ;D ;) ???
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 01:32:37 AM »
Good luck with that Jason! I'll be standing by with the De-fibrillator, that is if we get your butt back!!!!
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 06:47:07 AM »
 Thats what I figure these suckers must be like jets in the water. It is always ok to dream but I would probably chicken out last second considering I dont want to have to buy a new spear gun because I let go of it.. ;D ;D ;D
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Calif_Diver

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:29:59 AM »
Ive never Squid fished before ,but from what i have read you better have a good rain suit and some rubber boots too,i might try it one of these days, ive been on the NSA once salmon fishing,all im gonna say about that lol ONCE.

Offline Flyin Brian

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »
here's a You-Tube video of the chick in SoCal that is in that news story about the giant squid.  It's pretty funny to hear her talk, she's obviously been in the valley a number of years... and she mistakenly says it grabbed her "high-pressure" inflator.  At least she didn't say "oxygen tank" ;)

First Person: Jumbo Squid Invade Calif. Waters

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 01:02:22 AM »
Dude! That was funny as hell, what a ditsy! No wonder he let her go! :P :D
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt