collapse

Author Topic: What brand of freediving suit?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline NC_Diver

What brand of freediving suit?
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
I need to get a new freediving suit.
All I have is a scuba suit and it's too stiff to be any good for freediving.
I used to have a Picasso camo but it started to break down and got tight.
It never really fit that well - it was always a compromise. I'm 6'-4" so a 60 cm barely fit even when new. The crotch would hang down low and if I tried to pull it up then the legs were too short. I also have long arms and a pretty wide upper body so the sleeves and shoulders were always too tight. The only way I got away with it was because the Yamamoto neoprene was soft enough that I could stretch it to fit in, but then it would be stretched and thinner than it should be and potentially not as warm.

I'm just wondering if there's anything made for a tall guy out there that's an off the rack suit.
What brands tend to be bigger or longer cut, which ones might have long sizes, and also where's the newest hot website to order such a suit? I prefer the two piece beaver tail cut with attached hood.
I want to see if there's a stock alternative to ordering a custom suit.

Thanks in advanced

Calif_Diver

Re: What brand of freediving suit?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
NC_Diver , have you checked  the Freedive Shop in Sacramento?There is a link to there website here on the board some where, Gregg ans Vanessa could probably get you into a good suit.

Kai Kane

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
Hey NC, my omer 7mil. has pretty long sleeves and legs for me.  I not quite your size but the size that fits me every where else is pretty long on the appendages.  might check them out.  great suite too.

rangair94

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
Call the freedive shop, they know their stuff. http://www.freediveshop.com/contact_us.php

yakfisher

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:41:28 AM »
I think James and Joseph in SoCal will make a suit to your exact size.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »
Erick I would recomend the free dive shop in sac as well greg and vanessa will make sure you get what you need.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline NC_Diver

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into that.
There's always M&B down in Socal, but he want's over $700 bucks for a suit nowdays. Not that they're not worth it, it's just that if I could find someting off the rack that would fit and I could save a little money it would be a nice.

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »
You might check out otter bay in monterey the price is about the same but they can also alter suits which might be an option for you.

http://www.otterbaysuits.com/
Myrel C. Willeford

Offline Tim C.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
I have heard good remarks about Elios.com.  They make custom suits for off the rack price, but  I have not used their services.

Offline sydwayz04

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »
i love my yazbeck.... would buy a nother one in a heart beat ! super comphy and super warm, almost to warm
one breath at a time....

Offline el_pedorro

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »
I have heard good remarks about Elios.com.  They make custom suits for off the rack price, but  I have not used their services.

I'm too skinny for an of-the-rack suit. I've been using an Elios suit for about 2-1/2 years, and am quite happy with it. It took only a month to get to my front door after ordering it via e-mail from Italy.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt