collapse

Author Topic: bora bora?  (Read 682 times)

Joe Mag

bora bora?
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:14:15 AM »
has anyone spearfished out there or does anyone know if its worth the trip to go out there and spearfish?

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: bora bora?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 09:53:54 AM »
I am sure there is spearfishing there any where therre is water there is usually fish !
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Glaucus

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
You don't even have to shoot anything on Bora Bora for it to be bad ass.  I was there for about a week 10 years ago.  The diving is, obviously, amazing.  I saw a grouper (or that's what I thought it was) that must have been 200lbs, followed him around forever.  Dude was tame, I would have felt weird about shooting it.... kinda like shooting an animal at a petting zoo.  There are also monster mantas everywhere.  You'll spend 10 hours a day in the water.  I rented a little skiff with a 15hp outboard for like 60 bucks a day and went all the way around the island, diving all the way.  I seem to remember something about only the locals being allowed to fish in the lagoons (which BB is surrounded by).

Red Abalone Diving

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:36:06 PM »
has anyone spearfished out there or does anyone know if its worth the trip to go out there and spearfish?

Yes they do and it mainly done at an out island called Favarea I believe, surly I misspelled it. But check it out and punch in spearfishing Tahiti.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt