collapse

Author Topic: WTB: Used Dive Fins size 8 or 9  (Read 2172 times)

Offline alameda

• Here fishy fishy....
WTB: Used Dive Fins size 8 or 9
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:27:07 AM »
Hey Guys,

Im fairly new to spearfishing, and have now joined the madness. I need to upgrade my split fins to some real free dive fins, as I cant seem to get down deep with the current. I havent tried the longer fins yet, so I really have no idea what to expect, but the folks I keep running into are highly recommending them. Im not the strongest kicker as of yet, so if you have a less rigid pair of fins in size 8 or 9 laying around in the garage for sale, please let me know. Thanks for your time,

Geoff

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: WTB: Used Dive Fins size 8 or 9
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »
 I have a set of open heel blades that are perfect for getting your calfs ready for full on freedive fins they worked great for me and now I wear blackteams fins. Whats your budget I will sell them cheap. PM me and we can talk more....
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline alameda

• Here fishy fishy....
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
PM sent Jason -  but definately still looking for a pair of flexible long fins so please hit me up if you have a pair out there everyone!

Offline luckylogger6

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:23 AM »
I came home last night to find these delivered.  I have yet to try them out but Im excited.  I think it is a pretty good price for an entry level fin.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_956/Context_954/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/CSBFG3.html?Hit=1
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:36:11 AM by luckylogger6 »

Offline alameda

• Here fishy fishy....
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
You have to tell me how those fins work out for you bud! Thats a pretty good deal for brand new fins too.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:30 AM »
word of advice besure to get the fin keepers that go on your ankles to help hold the fin on here is a pic[smg id=1102]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:22:09 AM by MATT MATTISON »
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline alameda

• Here fishy fishy....
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »
Awesome advice, thanks Matt! To tell you the truth, I didnt even know about the fin keepers. I currently use hard zip up booties but will one day convert if I find a pair of long fins

Glaucus

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »
Fin keepers are a must have, losing a fin can be frustrating, costly and dangerous.  They actually make my fins a little more efficient, since there's no more slippage of my foot in the foot pocket.

Offline luckylogger6

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
Ya I didn’t know about them until I stated researching fins.  Good call posting this and probably keeping a newbie like me from losing one of their brand new fins

You have to tell me how those fins work out for you bud! Thats a pretty good deal for brand new fins too.

I sure will.  I’m not going to get out this weekend but will be diving Fri-Sun next weekend so a report will follow.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt