collapse

Author Topic: Super simple baked Rockfish  (Read 1120 times)

Offline livesinhumboldt

Super simple baked Rockfish
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
#1, Preheat oven to 350. #2, Spray casserole dish with non-stick. #3, Place pieces of fish or whole fillets in dish and smear with softened butter. #4, Sprinkle on a little garlic powder (do not use garlic salt, or add any other salt to fish) #5, Cover fish with crushed Ritz crackers (they provide the salt). #6, Bake uncovered until done (time depends on thickness and amount of fish).

Any variation to this recipe needs to avoid adding more salt. I enjoy this recipe best with a beer (pretty much how I like every dinner  :occasion14:) I've cooked salmon, steelhead, and rockfish this way. I use it when I don't have time to clean up after a fish fry. I have no idea if it's patented... kinda came to me one day, as I started dinner prep.
Bryan S.

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
Re: Super simple baked Rockfish
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
Sounds good.

I like to take a fillet with the skin on and place it skin down on aluminum foil placed on a baking sheet, then place a few chunks of butter on the fillet sprinkel with cajon seasoning and squeel the juice from a couple of lemons over it. 

Fold the foil up to trap the juice, melted butter and sort of act as a steemer.  Then cook at 350 till done. I serve it over rice. Pour the sauce trapped by the foil over rice and fish.
Myrel C. Willeford

Offline snaildiver

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »
Dam guys!  I'm getting hungry and know what I'm making for dinner  :fish: 
Alex L.

Offline mot

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:22:50 AM »
Sounds good.

I like to take a fillet with the skin on and place it skin down on aluminum foil placed on a baking sheet, then place a few chunks of butter on the fillet sprinkel with cajon seasoning and squeel the juice from a couple of lemons over it. 

Fold the foil up to trap the juice, melted butter and sort of act as a steemer.  Then cook at 350 till done. I serve it over rice. Pour the sauce trapped by the foil over rice and fish.

I cook fish the same way but dump the juice. have I been doing something wrong? I thought it was just fishy juice. :icon_puke_r:

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
when I have done it with lingcod it has not been fishy just buttery and lemoney goodness.  If you are worried taste it to see if you like it if you do great if not just as good just less jucie.  :toothy12:
Myrel C. Willeford

Offline mot

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »
Next time I will check it out

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt