collapse

Author Topic: Myths and bad information  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
Re: Myths and bad information
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
youve got a good point, but thats why i try to be careful. i usualy dont put the arm its on under the rock. exept to guage it and then ive got control over where it goes. thats one of those things ill just have to hope never happens and like you said if it does i hope i have enough strength to break the strap or pull free. i just like to try and get a good measurment on the ab before i take it off the rock. alot of times a 9.75" ab looks bigger than a ten. why i dont know but its hard to tell the difference some times.
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

yakfisher

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 07:00:35 AM »
If you use a kayak assume you are going to get rolled everytime. The first time everything isn't put away or strapped down you will lose it.

Offline rafterman

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »
When ab diving do not fasten your ab iron or gauge to your wrist.  If you reach into a hole to grab something the ab iron or gauge can get stuck holding you in place.
I use old bike tires for straps around my wrist, they hold fast and if I need too I can break loose.
Do what You want to do…

Offline rafterman

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
 :icon_salut:make a photo copy of your ab tags and keep your duplicate license at home. If your information washes out of your bag, here's a good guy to call.
Glenn Underwood :icon_king:
Sport Fishing/Waterfowl/Upland Game Program Analyst Department of Fish and Game License and Revenue Branch
(916) 928-5841
Do what You want to do…

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt