collapse

Author Topic: ling question  (Read 749 times)

yakfisher

ling question
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
Does anyone ever cook their lings with the skin on? I always fillet my lings with skin off. I think it would be easier to steam, bake or pan cook with skin on since they don't have scales.

hoblit

Re: ling question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
I don't see why you couldn't, there are many other fish cooked with skin on including salmon, mahi, halibut.  I believe it is easier to remove are cooking anyways.

JChoy

Re: ling question
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »
frying fish WITH scales....then eating them. This was done with a calico, but you might be able to get the same effect with ling and cab...or even other rockfish. Their meat does tend to flake a lot and the skin would help to hold it all together. And if the scales actually crisp up and are edible then that's even better. I'm not sure I would cook it as long as Daryl suggests though, at least on the flesh side. That seems a little over kill for fish.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=89328&highlight=fry+scales

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt