collapse

Author Topic: Buddy Diving  (Read 572 times)

Glaucus

Buddy Diving
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:52:47 PM »
In light of the fact that we are all going to be diving this weekend and the ocean just claimed another life today, I'd like to throw out a reminder to everyone to practice safe buddy diving.

Another reason for making a thread out of this is to ask you all what kind of buddy diving you do.  I've not been the best buddy diver over the years... same ocean same day syndrome and quite a bit of diving alone (which I love to do).  My buddy and I actually stuck with it (real buddy diving) at the end of last season and had a great time with it. 

Do you all do true buddy diving?  I'm talking watching each dive to make sure he/she surfaces.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:28:16 AM by Glaucus »

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: Buddy Diving
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »
 Im a bit of a worry wart so I scan the surface frequently just to make sure we are all within a safe distance from eachother and everyone is present. When Im out with the guys we try to keep a little space between eachother so as to not tangle eachothers floatlines....
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline snaildiver

Re: Buddy Diving
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »
It usually starts off good but then we start diving at will 10 minutes into it.  I try to keep close to my dive buddy but when conditions are good, we just dive and only talk when one of us find a big ab or something interesting.  Sometimes the vis. is so bad, even if I'm looking, I can't see if my dive buddy is distressed or not.
Alex L.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt