collapse

Author Topic: Vis in Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur?  (Read 194 times)

Offline StinkyPete

Vis in Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur?
« on: August 03, 2020, 09:28:29 AM »
Been a while since my last post but I am finally going to be able to get back to diving more frequently again...moved back to the area, job in a good spot, kids born and big enough for easy babysitting. The works.

With that in mind, any recent vis reports for Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur?
Carpe piscem

Offline Sea-Monkey

Re: Vis in Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:36:18 AM »
I dove Del Monte last Sunday and Coral street Saturday and both were pretty bad, five to ten feet of visibility at best. At Coral street there was thick green haze, but it improved below 20 feet. My buddy posted this video from Saturday: . I would definitely like to know if it is better elsewhere.

Offline Slamson

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:07:55 AM »
I dove Carmel and Monterey yesterday 8/3. Viz was really good at both locations. Water temp 53-54 in Carmel and 56-57 in Monterey. Both a hazy 25' looking down towards the bottom but once you headed towards the bottom the horizontal viz was insane, I'm talking an easy 60+ feet. Crystal clear. Oh, and I found a ten pound butt  :D

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the heads up gents. Loving that the halibut have been in for so long this year.
Carpe piscem

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt