collapse

Author Topic: September 7th and 8th Mendocino Coast Dive Events  (Read 195 times)

Offline pclark

September 7th and 8th Mendocino Coast Dive Events
« on: August 26, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »
Hadn't seen anything about these posted on here so thought I would. 

The yearly Triton X is Sept 7th at Caspar, by The Freedive Shop.  This is a spearfishing competition.  If you like comp's this is a great one.  Great lunch afterwards, they usually roast a whole pig.  There is also lots of great prizes, I'm pretty sure everyone that enters anything gets a prize.   You can sign up on their website or get more info. 

And then recently added is Josh Russo's, Watermans Alliance Urchin Smashing Event, on the 7th and 8th.  This was originally set for Caspar, but rumor has it it might be moving to Van Damme.  I have been to all these but one and will continue to support them. This was slated as the first smashing event, no collection happening.   The idea was to bring in fish for the comp, hopefully with it moving we can still smash.  I'll update this thread as I hear more.   You can read about these on Facebook under the Watermans Alliance Page. 

Depending on conditions I will try to do the comp saturday and smash sunday, but we'll see.   Hope to see you all out there.

Offline Brandi

Re: September 7th and 8th Mendocino Coast Dive Events
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
See this link for more information about the ' fish bait contest'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158992911481142/permalink/381981489182282/
I prefer email at thegwtc@yahoo.com rather than PMs

"the ocean changes with every tide" ~ Kenny Tallman
"If you involved in politics there is always going to be someone who is upset with you.  You can never do the right thing for everyone." ~ JL

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt