collapse

Author Topic: Thank you 2017 - Looking forward to 2018  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Captain J-Dog

Thank you 2017 - Looking forward to 2018
« on: December 21, 2017, 09:21:09 AM »
I want to thank Matt for giving me a page to discuss any questions anyone may have. Our 2017 debut went outstandingly. No injuries or deaths, couple shark encounters but nothing to serious. I thank everyone for their attention to personal safety, personnel safety and diver safety. It was a great year.

We fished all of Southern California both inshore and offshore, all the way down to the San Diego border with a couple trips into Mexican waters. We went to San Clemente Island more than a dozen times and made more than 30 trips to Catalina Island. We had a great year with all sorts of individuals spearing their personal best, from yellowtail, white seabass, mahi, sheephead, calicos, you name it. We made a couple bluefin runs with no luck. Bluefin hunting is a whole other realm. Overall 2017 was a great year and I’m looking forward to seeing more Northern California divers come down to Southern California for 2018. With the addition of a larger vessel I hope to make more time exclusively for more bluefin hunts and to make San Clemente Island a normal weekend destination spot. SCI is unreal. If you've never been, make time. You don’t want to miss out.

NorCal divers are great divers and have been a great bunch. If there is one thing I noticed from hosting several NorCal divers, is their tenacity and skill doesn’t go unnoticed, you guys are hard chargers. Way to go and keep it up. It is always a pleasure. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me at any time. My cell is 949-424-9693. Text is good too. Take care, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thank you,

Capt. J. 

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Thank you 2017 - Looking forward to 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »
Jeremy glad to see post up, I plan on hitting you up real soon for a trip, also by chance you up for doing any lobster trips to SBI ???? I would really be down for that. I know my buddy Patrick clark did a trip with you and he had high praise and good words to say about you and the charter.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

rluiz

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »
Just wanted to second the good experience I had on this boat. I had a great time diving with Capt J. I had a chance to sneak down for a quick weekend to visit Family. With a months notice and my time table he was able to find me a trip. Not only was it a smooth ride, I was able to riddle Capt J. with YT questions with him happily answering them. I walked away not only a more confident diver but a happy one. Im excited for April and can't wait for the WSB to start showing up. Capt J definitely will be my choice for those trips.

Offline Captain J-Dog

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 10:07:26 AM »
Jeremy glad to see post up, I plan on hitting you up real soon for a trip, also by chance you up for doing any lobster trips to SBI ???? I would really be down for that. I know my buddy Patrick clark did a trip with you and he had high praise and good words to say about you and the charter.

- Yes, Patrick and his crew were great. They did a camping trip and got to see places of Catalina others never have. Good times. If San Clemente is open I always plan on going there on the camping trips. And yes I would be open to an SBI trip. We could structure something that would enable divers to go lobster hunting and grab a couple homeguards.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:14:30 AM by Captain J-Dog »

Offline Captain J-Dog

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:09:43 AM »
Just wanted to second the good experience I had on this boat. I had a great time diving with Capt J. I had a chance to sneak down for a quick weekend to visit Family. With a months notice and my time table he was able to find me a trip. Not only was it a smooth ride, I was able to riddle Capt J. with YT questions with him happily answering them. I walked away not only a more confident diver but a happy one. Im excited for April and can't wait for the WSB to start showing up. Capt J definitely will be my choice for those trips.

- Thank you. It was my pleasure. Looking forward to 2018. Happy Holidays.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »
Hey Jeremy keep me posted on that SCI camp trip I would be so down for something like that

Offline Captain J-Dog

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »
Hey Jeremy keep me posted on that SCI camp trip I would be so down for something like that

- OK, will do. If you can grab another two divers that would be great. We can make it either a full weekend or single day trip. But I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Matt.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »

- OK, will do. If you can grab another two divers that would be great. We can make it either a full weekend or single day trip. But I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Matt.

I will be able to get 2 more divers that will not be a problem and lets make a weekend of it

Offline MolonLabe916

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 01:25:46 AM »
Capt. J is great. I’d definitely recommend a trip with him.  I’ll be doing another trip with him for sure.

Speaking of which, when do you run the SCI trips capt? I’d definitely be interested in that too. And what’s the cost for the overnight trips to there? When’s the best time of year to go out that way? I’ll be back from Afghanistan in August. Any good diving out there around August/September?

Offline pclark

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »

Thanks Matt.

My hand is up!
As said I had a great trip with Jeremy last year and hope to do more.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast