collapse

Author Topic: Catch & Cook Competition November 9th  (Read 752 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Catch & Cook Competition November 9th
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
sorry bro have just have to

COMPETITION SCHEDULE:
Note: These timelines will be strictly held and any tardiness will result in disqualification.
Check-in at Monterey Bay Kayaks
-   6:00 AM Sharp: Check-In and waiver signing.
6:20 AM: PFI freediving instructor's safety briefing. LMFAO
-   6:30 AM: Divers released to travel to a dive destination of their choosing.

really I have to listen to a PFI instructor before I can leave to start my days diving lol
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:55:29 PM by MATT MATTISON »
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 09:16:08 AM »

COMPETITION SCHEDULE:
Note: These timelines will be strictly held and any tardiness will result in disqualification.

really I have to listen to a PFI instructor before I can leave to start my days diving lol
Just in case you forgot how to dive and hold your breath at the same time. It's always good to have a professional remind you.
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »

COMPETITION SCHEDULE:

Just in case you forgot how to dive and hold your breath at the same time. It's always good to have a professional remind you.

I understand that's overkill... but this is a sustainability focused event... and divers usually like to be sustained =P (and just between us, having a CMAS world championship judge be the one doing the safety briefing... that's just good marketing =P)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 09:23:23 AM »
LOOK AT THESE PRIZES!! I can't believe all of the support we've received so far! Huge thank you to our premier sponsors and sponsors alike! The list keeps growing with dive, culinary, family experiences, etc. Prizes for all walks of life! Bring your family to help with the beach clean up. The inaugural Monterey C3 is a family-friendly event organized by ocean lovers to raise funds for ocean conservation while encouraging sustainable fishing practices. All proceeds will go to Save Our Shores, and they will be organizing a beach cleanup on the day of the event for anyone who would like to join.

Facebook Event Link, Event Bright Event Link

Special Shout Out to #BambooReef #Omer #MontereyBayKayaks #suunto #gannet #diveR #Saveourshores and many more!

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place

Offline Catchncook

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 02:55:39 PM »
Is this event still happening? I would love to attend, but it looks like only a few folks have chimed in on this thread so far.

I just want to make sure before I buy a ticket. It sounds like a great idea, and I am assuming lots of folks not on this thread are planning to attend!

Also, is it possible to purchase a ticket the day of, at the tournament?

Thanks!

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 03:29:53 PM »
Running short on time right now or I'd explain better. Meeting a buddy for dynamic pool training.

Take a look at the facebook event page - I've kept most of the updates on there. We have tons of sponsors, massive amount of prizes for divers (pescador pilot kayak, custom freedivesuits, roller guns, regular guns, dive watch, carbon fins... you name it) and beach clean up prizes (non dive related prizes like dinners for 2 at steakhouses). So bring your friends to participate (beach clean up is free to participate and you can still win prizes or buy raffle tickets). Omer just sent me two 90 guns, 4 masks and some rubber dive belts too on friday night.

You can read more about it on the Adreno blog they posted about it https://spearfishing.com.au/blogs/news/catch-cook-ethical-spearfishing-in-the-age-of-social-media 

Facebook events page https://www.facebook.com/events/1266174056894766/

Hope to see you there! PM me with any questions

Eric, Pacific Grove
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt