collapse

Author Topic: What size band for AB Biller 36" with 3-notch shaft?  (Read 193 times)

Offline Malibu_Two

What size band for AB Biller 36" with 3-notch shaft?
« on: July 07, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »
Anyone know what size band to get for the Biller 36? I know it's not 16" because I have a few of those and they're too small. Maybe 18" or 20"? And what thickness?
Thanks!
Andrew

Offline andrew37

Re: What size band for AB Biller 36" with 3-notch shaft?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 04:30:28 PM »
What’s the band stretch on that gun? I ran 15” bands on my Riffe #0, and I feel like that should be right around the sweet spot for a gun that size, unless the bands are really thick. I’m pretty sure the bands on my 70cm are 15.5” knot to knot with a 3” wishbone, but they’re the small i.d. 14mm bands so they’re a lot easier to stretch than the 16mm bands I had on my Riffe. The 16mm Riffe bands felt really tight, but with such a small gun I wouldn’t go any shorter than you absolutely need to because you’ll lose a lot of acceleration distance. I’d err on the side of thinner and tighter rather than thicker and looser.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 04:34:03 PM by andrew37 »

Offline divenfish

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 08:07:47 PM »
16 14 mm (including wishbone)
18" 16mm  (including wishbone)
https://www.spearitco.com/abbiller-band-sizes-s/1939.htm

Offline Malibu_Two

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
Thanks! I ordered some 18".

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt